MOD Help

I recently downloaded McMMM but can't seem to make it work. I get an error message when trying to load David I's latest mods, such as the snow covered JagdPanther. I can't quite figure out what I am doing wrong, so helpful suggestions from you guys would be appreciated. The whole modding question scares those of us that are not very "computer literate." Any assistance would be welcome.

Thanks,

Heinrich505

I hate to be the one to tackle this, but I love McMMM and use it constantly, so I don't want to see someone else have a problem with it.

First of all, have you used McMMM with other mods successfully? If so, then it is just a problem with that particular mod (perhaps a corrupt zip, etc).

If you haven't used McMMM successfully, then maybe it would be beneficial to review this.

One thing to always check is that you aren't dropping a zip file that has file folders inside it into your Mods folder. The mod zip should only have the bmp's inside it (screenshot pics and/or readme's are fine). If you double click the zip file and you are looking at a folder instead of the bmp's, then McMMM won't be able to use it. Drag the bmp's onto the desktop, highlight them, right click and send to a zip file. Then name it whatever you like and use that.

Anyway, that's a start.

Vergeltungswaffe,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the link, and spent some time with it already. I'll double check the zip files to see if they've got file folders inside them.

I did some more messing around, and actually got the mods to work. I don't really know what I did, but I've got snow covered StugIIIs, Tigers and Panthers wandering around the map. So, something worked, and I agree with you, McMMM seems to be a very smooth system.

Thanks again for the link and suggestions.

Heinrich505

You're welcome.

If you do have any more complicated questions, make your post @GreenAsJade or put McMMM in the title (McMMM's creator) and he will usually respond fairly quickly.

MikeyD, greatest of all modders, always has his mods in a folder inside the zip, as an example. But that may have something to do with the fact that he makes them on a Mac, I don't know.

I used McMMM regularly on CMAK and the ETO & Normandy versions and it couldn't have been easier to use. Then one day I double clicked the shortcut but although there was drive action, McMMM never appeared. Thinking I had a bad shortcut I went straight to the program, double clicked and still it wouldn't show up. I re-installed and to this day haven't been able to get McMMM to load.

Any ideas?