Aerial Reconnaissance Images

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Some cool pictures. May be helpful for scenario designers/map makers out there.

web page

Spotted a pic of Pegasus Bridge (check out all the gliders, nearby).

Also, pics of Dieppe. Caen. Etc. Lots of Berlin.

Check 'em out.

Gpig

[ June 20, 2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Gpig ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Prices are sky high but I guess what can one expect....

Frankly I'm disgusted. This resource should be either be freely posted as an archive accessible to all interested parties or at a purely nominal cost ie nearly free. As they say:

"Many pilots never returned from reconnaissance missions, it is imperative that their loss should not be forgotten. The Aerial Reconnaissance Archives is a memorial of a most practical and living kind."

These charges are inappropriate and strike me as "blood" money. Personally I won't pay and wish them nothing but bad luck. I'd rather put money into a collection tub next Rememberance Sunday to commemmorate the pilots.

Originally posted by Doodlebug:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Prices are sky high but I guess what can one expect....

Frankly I'm disgusted. This resource should be either be freely posted as an archive accessible to all interested parties or at a purely nominal cost ie nearly free. As they say:

"Many pilots never returned from reconnaissance missions, it is imperative that their loss should not be forgotten. The Aerial Reconnaissance Archives is a memorial of a most practical and living kind."

These charges are inappropriate and strike me as "blood" money. Personally I won't pay and wish them nothing but bad luck. I'd rather put money into a collection tub next Rememberance Sunday to commemmorate the pilots. </font>