Install problem

Originally posted by Panzerman:

Did you check to see if you have the PC version? I know when I first got CM I put it in without looking only to find that they sent the wrong version. (Thanks to the great people at sales I have the right version now smile.gif )

The disk has printed on it "WINDOWS CD-ROM".

I can see the directory ( guess I would not be able on a MAC version).

I have tried to copy the *.exe file but the same thing happends, it just spinds the CD. :confused:

FWIW, my cd would just spin and eventually lock up the computer when I tried to install using my normal 52x CD-ROM. Tried copying it, etc. Finally stuck it in what was my CD-RW at the time (since upgraded to DVD-RW) and it installed fine. Burned a backup copy for safekeeping.

IIRC, CMBB had a series of bad presses - perhaps CMAK has as well. I know of a couple of people that had problems running the cd.

Originally posted by GJK:

FWIW, my cd would just spin and eventually lock up the computer when I tried to install using my normal 52x CD-ROM. Tried copying it, etc. Finally stuck it in what was my CD-RW at the time (since upgraded to DVD-RW) and it installed fine. Burned a backup copy for safekeeping.

IIRC, CMBB had a series of bad presses - perhaps CMAK has as well. I know of a couple of people that had problems running the cd.

I have tried it in doth my drives (the DVD-RW and the regular 40x CD-ROM).

I can try it in my daughters computer tonight? ;)