[cross post] ATI fix and Omega Drivers

This is my reply on Juju post in africa K. section...

I hope it is interesting.

KotH

--------

So, I use Omega drivers for Radeon, and setting the antialiasing option at (finding in advanced videocard properties) second the application, this will elimanated my every text problem, like blank, or white pattern on blue ecc...ecc... I have 9600 radeon 256mb. I have Omega with 4.1 Catalist tech. The last Omega have 4.2 Cat. You can find here all version that you can tests. http://www.driverheaven.net/downloads/index4.htm

and this is the features:

http://www.omegacorner.com/index_ati.html

Idea: We can write some mail at this dude, if his can implement(im not sure if it is possible) fog emulation tab....in her modifided drivers....

But probably this is only possibly for have fog with radeon card. Im lost any hope in official.....

Regards

KotH

Fog tables will never be supported by ATI on the PC. The Rage3D Tweaker has a registry setting for them, but it does nothing when it is enabled. The reason is that ATI has decided not to support fog tables under DirectX or OpenGL (on the PC at least).

I'm fairly certain that a third party would have an extremely hard time trying to add a feature that hasn't been coded into any of ATI's drivers. The developer of the Omega driver apparently has the capability to tweak the drivers and fix certain issues, but I doubt that they have the capability to add large chunks of code to the driver.