442nd RCT "Go For Broke" tribute

A little history to to go with the Roosevelt's Samurai scenario, which I'll be playing shortly, and any others I may've missed.

Be sure to read the comments and notes where given on YouTube.

21 MoH winners (after a gross racial injustice during the War)

Tribute song with lots of mostly pertinent footage

Germans vs. Nisei-Americans--in color!

The 442nd RCT's unit song

Brilliant, multiply awarded film "Gaman Warriors" on the Nisei-American warriors with information I've never seen before anywhere.

Takejiro Higa's remarkable, moving military intel story

Truman honors the 442nd (first segment on newsreel)

Anyone who thinks this is obscure should take a look at the comments on one of the YouTube videos where a kid's grandfather was with the Brazilian contingent in Italy.

Regards,

John Kettler

Once you start thinking about the history of the Nisei-American units you can't help but be moved and disturbed. What went on reveals aspects of American character most would prefer not to acknowledge. The Germans have far worse skeletons, but the Good Guys' closets were not completely clean. Perhaps our parents were only human after all...

On an unrelated note, R2, the author of 'Les Samurai de Roosevelt' also wrote a scenario called 'Les Cobras fumantes' about an assault by the Brazilian contingent in Italy. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I've started the translation anyway because I really like R2's maps.

Philippe,

Regarding skeletons, be sure to watch HBO's "The Tuskeegee Airmen" if you haven't seen it. Worse, some of the same families, ISTR, that gave us those wonderful pilots were themselves the untreated syphilitics of Tuskeegee Boys national shame.

The new scenario sounds intriguing. I remember being blown away when I first read Brazil had troops fighting in Italy.

Regards,

John Kettler