Artillery Spotters: Resupplying

GDog

Will ARTY spotters be resupplied in between battles in an operation?

I know it depends on the designers "supply" settings, but if they are adequate can I count on these spotters starting the next battle with a fresh supply of munitions to hurl at those pesky Axis positions?

Thanks

It wholly depends upon the level of supply your side has. A low supply level may result in only 1/6 of the usual loadout while a higher level will provide 2/3. I am not sure of what percentage is recouped for each supply level, but you can rarely count on a full load for the next battle of an operation.

I've also found that the resupply behavior is significantly different for FOs that have fired *all* their previous allotment, vs. those with rounds remaining. The latter are much more likely to resupply to full, while the former frequently get a half load. (Yes that may vary with supply level, as already mentioned). So the point is not to burn the last half minute just because it is there. Use more like 3/4, unless the target is very important.

Originally posted by Baron Ritzner Von Jung:

Ample =100%

Full=75%

Adequate=55%

Limited=40%

Scarce=25%

Severe=12%

This is for CMBB . I've never noticed any difference in resupply terms between "all rounds fired" or just "partly fired " . Maybe because the most common setting must be adequate , it gives that false impression .

Ahhh ok those are good numbers to know, but I don't see the "supply rating" anywhere in the operation description. Guess the designer chose not to include it.

Operation: Castleforte CMAK

CASTLEFORTE SUPPLY SPOILER ALERT******************************

designer has set the supply level on " adequate " for the allies' side .

So you need to spend the appropriate number of arty rounds otherwise they are wasted ( I've not extensively tested and it was in CMBB so takethose numbers as an estimate )

Don't fire on turn 1 because the fire order won't be cancellable and all rounds will be fired !

Enjoy your game !

[ December 11, 2007, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Baron Ritzner Von Jung ]

Originally posted by Baron Ritzner Von Jung:

CASTLEFORTE SUPPLY SPOILER ALERT******************************

designer has set the supply level on " adequate " for the allies' side .

So you need to spend 45% of your arty rounds otherwise they are wasted ( I've not extensively tested and it was in CMBB so takethose numbers as an estimate )

Don't fire on turn 1 because the fire order won't be cancellable and all rounds will be fired !

Enjoy your game !

Where did you come across that information? I didn't see it anywhere in the description. Thanks for the intel.