Guns and dust clouds question

Monty

In a QB im playing, i use some British 25 pdr howitzer guns.

I was area firing a suspecting ridge , and the shells are throwing up huge dust clouds.

Now, the gun have NO los on the target spot any more, but keeps firing.

I think this is intended (?) , when the gun have a fixed target he can fire also without los right?

btw you can use the dustclouds from huge shells as cover for your infantery !! It works A-OK smile.gif

Monty

2 other dust cloud related observations:

When you keep the thin armored vehicles behind the heavy ones, the dust clouds of the heavy ones can protect them by blocking los.

When you keep the inf. behind the tanks, the dust cloud protect them also a bit by blocking los.

Monty

CMAK appears to have functionality that a point which was visible when beginning to target it stays targettable even when dust from the shots blocks LOS after a few shots.

Besides guns not stop firing I noticed that artillery spotters don't have an accuracy drop even when dust robs LOS to the target point, at least after the spotting rounds are through.

In CMBO you could fire smoke before a spotter and make him lose LOS and drop accuraccy for an underway mission.

Originally posted by redwolf:

CMAK appears to have functionality that a point which was visible when beginning to target it stays targettable even when dust from the shots blocks LOS after a few shots.

Besides guns not stop firing I noticed that artillery spotters don't have an accuracy drop even when dust robs LOS to the target point, at least after the spotting rounds are through.

In CMBO you could fire smoke before a spotter and make him lose LOS and drop accuraccy for an underway mission.

This would be correct, as once the guns/mortars are laid on to the target, they can FFE(Fire for effect) all day on that target providing it is stationary and doesn't need adjusting. As I'm very sure you're aware, it's the spotter who can see the target, not the guns/mortars, they only fire on his information. (Not trying to teach granny to suck eggs, just trying to explain, probably not very well. I was an MFC (Mortar Fire Controller).