lost my cemetery in cmbb

Do you have more than one installation of CMBB ? You are putting these BMP files into the BMP folder of your CMBB installation, correct ? Have you modified this file in any way ? If the bitmap is the wrong size (not a correct multiple, etc.), then it may not display correctly or at all.

Also, you haven't edited the scenario and possibly removed the cemetaries have you ?

Hi

No to all of the above! I only have one cmbb installed. and only one data folder for the bmp to be installed in. The cemetery used to show up until I installed a hi-res terrain effects mod. I checked the individual bmp files and they look fine and are looking fine in the data folder as well. However when you open the game up or the editor the cemetary file refuses to show up.

And no I don't edit out anyone's scenario file so there shouldn't be any reason for the bmp's to not show up.

I've tried deleting the files and re-installing the files into the data file but no luck.

Hi

It doesn't matter which scenario. It doesn't show up in Cemetery Hill or in the editor for summer or winter. I've even re-installed the files from the original data file and nothing shows up. I'm thinking my video card might be giving me problems?

ATI Radeon PCI card 32 mb. It's about 5 years old so maybe its dying?

What makes me think that is while play testing a scenario/map I designed during the game all the buildings on the map lost their design and shopwed up as b/w images on the map while everything else was normal. I quit the game , rebooted and started it up without it going weird on me.

thanks for replying.

As junk2drive points out, the Shift+N command to adjust the density of "doodads" could have a bit of an effect here. However I believe that CMBB would still show a headstone or two on all but the 'off' setting.

What platform is your Radeon installed in, PC or Mac ? If it is a PC, which Catalyst driver do you have installed ? If it is a Mac, which specific version of OS 9 do you have installed ? Do you know if your Radeon is active cooled (fan) or passively cooled (only a heatsink) ? If it is actively cooled do you know if the fan is spinning properly or potentially covered in dust (a lot of it) ?

Having a specific texture repeatedly not show up doesn't sound like a common hardware problem to me. The only way I could imagine this would be if you had a lot of high-res graphics mods installed. Even then, just going into the editor and placing the cemetary tiles on a flat plane should show them. In the case of your buildings appearing black & white in one scenario it may be a case of your VRAM being exceeded (and the OS not providing a cache for them). I've only seen this problem on the PC with some of the 3dfx Voodoo family cards.

Could you perform a reinstallation of CMBB (to a different directory) and see if the problem continues with just the default textures ?

The video card does have a fan on it so I'll have to check it to see how much dust has accumulated since the last time I opened my Mac up. I do have a lot of hi-res mods loaded so that could be something, but I will defintiely check if I turned off terrain elements. Hopefully that will solve this puzzle. Many thnaks to you and Junk.