Kyro chip and transparency/airbursts

I just recieved a prophet 4000XT 32MB PCI card as a warranty replacement for a Nvidia TNT based card that went Tango Uniform on me.

I have not had any of the corrupted text problems, and a search revealed that I am not alone in having problems with the transparency intersection, explosion airbursts and interior walls are gray problems. I saw a list of registry changes listed, but before I go messing with that, is that a fix for the text problems (that I don't have) or the other issues?

Enabling the External depth Stencil/buffer option solves the transparency bug, but the game acts verrrryyy slowwww after using that option. Will these registry changes solve that? Since CM is about the only game I play, if the Kyro problem is unfixable, I might try to get different card out of Guillemot/Hercules.

By the way, Hercules has been offline for a couple days now, so the drivers I got were from VR. (14.28)

The problems you're seeing aren't fixable at this point. I assume you've seen the other posts about this and have made adjustments to the DirectX settings already. You may also want to disable the FSAA to see if this helps with your performance.

The latest driver (which has only been released by Hercules/Guillemot) is only for Windows 2000/XP and seems to solve a problem with a disk utility display corruption.

I've heard rumors of another driver release in the near future. What this will fix, I don't know. Most likely it will be released in time for the Kyro2 Ultras/SE or whatever they're calling them. I don't know what kind of fixes are forthcoming.

Thanks, I'll have to wait for the new drivers, and see if that helps. A new system to replace the old 350Mhz clunker is in the future, and you can be sure it will have an Nvidia based card, just so it can run CMBO and CMBB correctly.

Also, I will take the time to inform VR, and Hercules, that CM is my primary motivator in getting an Nvidia based chipset.