no intro movie?

Every time I start beyond overlord I get no intro movie even when I first installed it.I have all the latest drivers.

Every time I put the game cd in it always offers to re-install the game or to update the game of any missing components.If I do not put a check mark against any of the options it goes back to the desktop,is all of this supposed to happen? help

As wwb_99 mentioned, you need to install QuickTime to see the movie. However I don't think that the CDV release has the QuickTime movie on it, so I doubt that you'll be seeing any movie (other than some CDV splash screen I assume).

The CD has an auto-install routine on it, so everytime you insert it the game attempts to install itself. There's no real way around this to my knowledge. Some of the earlier Windows versions would allow you to turn off 'auto-insert notification', which would prevent the auto-run code on the CDs from running, but later versions of Windows have removed this capability (or at least convenient access to it). With CM going back to the desktop after you've checked mark the items should be fine. The only way to run CM is to launch it from the shortcut (wherever you have it).

The CDV version has an AVI file "1000.AVI" located in the AVI folder under CMBO - as Schrullenhaft says, it doesn't need Quicktime.

It's not exactly clear what your problem is - what happens when you insert the CD, cancel out of the install process, then start CMBO from the directory on the hard disk where you originally installed it?

Regards, Len

PS: You can temporarily suspend the CD Autorun feature by holding down the SHIFT key when you insert a CD.

At the risk of sounding totally inane, in the original version of CM, you toggle the movie off by holding the Shift key while CM starts up. I don't know about the CDV version, but if you ever did that because, for example, you wanted to hear the CMMOS "Hills are Alive" intro music instead of seeing the intro video, that might be your problem. And I would dearly love to know if my music mod works with the CDV version, by the way.

Another thing that I noticed when reading the note at the bottom of page 7 in the manual, if you click the mouse the movie is skipped. Are you a compulsive mouse clicker without being aware of it ?

I doubt that either one of these low tech answers is the solution/cause of the problem, but since no one else had mentioned them...

Phillipe, Yes the "Hills are Alive" mod works fine with the CDV version. You see the CDV intro, then it cuts to the BTS splash screen, playing the chosen music - "In the Mood" on my case.... smile.gif . And Yes, the Shift key "toggle intro video" also works with the CDV version (as does the mouse click).

Regards, Len