You say QBs are weak? Think again!

I have, in my long hours of sitting around thinking, discovered a way to make QBs cool again. Instead of doing them totally random, or just doing whatever the hell you feel like, give yourself little tactical challenges. Yesterday I did an Allied Attack in a large town against infantry only Germans using a pure armor force. Or, do the opposite. Can your all-infantry force attack a mostly armor defender? I find that intentionally putting yourself in weird spots in QBs can make them a lot more fun, exciting, and different. Do any of you have certain things you like to do with your QBs that makes them more fun?

i only have one problem with qb's. the ammo load out for germans and the amercians is reasonable, but as the british it has a nasty habbit of givving no tungsten rounds as well as giving atg's to much he and he guns alot of ap. but maybe uts just me!

When have as powerful of a brain as I do, you think about lots of stuff at once for long periods of time. I only told you guys one of my ideas but there are many more zany things where that came from. But seriously though, I think by playing "irregular QBs", you can do experience new and different things without scenarios. Thoughts? Comments? Pie?

[ July 19, 2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: juan_gigante ]

Tell me, were they attacking over totally open ground? Because that is the funnest game ever. (For a few turns before you get bored of mowing down the poor wretches). I also like hundreds of bazookas and flamethrowers in mega-thick woods and hills against Stugs. And my personal favorite pie is blackberry.

I hate to say it, but sometimes I do this to. Usually when i only have 40 mins or so for a game. I try to set it up either for fun (Tigers vs. Cruisers/Stuarts) or for something for a quick decision but still challenging (purely assymetrical battles like Italian Infantry vs. British Armored Cars (you'll usually run out of MG ammo first if you stand off, so you have to go for the penetrate and surround to get the surrender)

And I'll certainly admit to the "Civil War/WWI Style" battle of on-map arty (& MG's) in cover/trenches vs gobs of infantry (4:1 ratio in points) over open ground. Scarily, I have lost some of those battles, esp when the attacking infantry is of high-quality and the map isn't a billards table.

Zimorodok

Okay, my favorite needs the scenario editor. One side gets a LOT of tanks. We're talking a full regiment of tanks. The other side has one platoon hiding deep in rubble where they won't get hurt or seen and around 50 elite planes. Except for the hideout, the map is a billiards table. No Fog of War. Go down to level one, and just scoot around as the tanks get slaughtered. Trust me on this; rocket attacks look really cool, but when they're going right at the camera? Mind-blowing.

Oh look! The new guy is pretending to be Dr. Ruth and offering us 'spicy little secrets you can use to hot up your game play evening'.

I swear to Christ, if you start talking about 'dressing up' or putting handcuffs on before playing a game, you and I are going to have more than words, you big big freak.

Wasn't it bad enough when we had to constantly hear from the perverts who wanted to be able to start out as a private and 'role play' one unit for an entire 'campaign' until they retired as a 3-Star General?!

What the hell is wrong with you people?!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

... start talking about 'dressing up' or putting handcuffs on before playing a game.

If you use elastic rather than a chain it just enables enough movement for a hand to stretch from the bed to the keyboard yet provide quite a lot of restraint. Which is just fine because the nurse's uniform can chafe a bit.

If anyone needs some hottening up, it's probably you. Perhaps you are trying to work out your sexual frustrations by posting weird things that aren't about CM on a CM forum? Do you have a trusted friend or family member you can talk to about this? Remember, step one is admitting you have a problem.

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

If anyone needs some hottening up, it's probably you. Perhaps you are trying to work out your sexual frustrations by posting weird things that aren't about CM on a CM forum? Do you have a trusted friend or family member you can talk to about this? Remember, step one is admitting you have a problem.

Oh, gods. Boo was right. It is the most recent incarnation of 'Gaylord'.

Yes, you idjit, I post things that aren't about CM on a CM forum. And do you know why? It's because I am the 'Grog Counterweight'. I am the proof that it's not only Wargaming Geeks, Current and Ex-Military, and Grog Lunatics that post here.

I am a vision of CM, and America, as seen through the eyes of 'some guy'.

Also, I'm like a fecking lightening rod for halfwits like you. I post, the halfwits respond. I post again, the lackwits begin to become agitated. I post yet again, and Gaylord rushes forward in his bimonthly attempt to hump my leg.

It's hard on my jeans, but then, I figure it's my way of 'giving back to the community'.