Making first Map

I am creating my first scenarios. My first series will be around Primosole Bridge in Sicily.

I can think of at least three scenarios based on that one map. I have just about completed the area around the bridge, here's my gripe - :mad:

Hey how-about some reference numbers :confused: , at least for the 5 X 5 squares so you know where your coming form and where you are going. The area is so big that I had to creat my own refernce numbers from height elevation #s, worked until I built the bridge then chaos.

In the next game reference numbers would really help the designers out there.

Any agreement out there?

David

Originally posted by David I:

I am creating my first scenarios. My first series will be around Primosole Bridge in Sicily.

I can think of at least three scenarios based on that one map. I have just about completed the area around the bridge, here's my gripe - :mad:

Hey how-about some reference numbers :confused: , at least for the 5 X 5 squares so you know where your coming form and where you are going. The area is so big that I had to creat my own refernce numbers from height elevation #s, worked until I built the bridge then chaos.

In the next game reference numbers would really help the designers out there.

Any agreement out there?

David

One way to put a 'map drawing' grid in the editor is to use the small burning buildings to mark out or draw roman or arabic numbers on the terrain, awkward but it works. Another way is to use one type of terrain, crops or water to make a grid

All Good Advice Guys.

British Tommy, you should see "Primosole Night July 13" at the Proving Grounds soon. It's alot of Map but it allows for the Airborne Ops, the Fallschirmjager Counter attack, and the attack of the DLI & 4th Armored Bde.

Scenario Designing is fairly easy, if you got a good map and OB's to work from (oh yeah and alot of time).

David