Winter mod imports from CMBB

KG_Jag

Back to Marders,

I got a chance to do some homework and now I remmember the problem. 1. All of the whitewashed Marders are Grey. 2. The winterized (some snow covering) by Astro Cat shares BMPs with the Grille and you have to use both. I'm not too keen on the snow cover vehicles, especially when their camo pattern doesn't look like anything in CMAK.

So therefore - WE NEED SOME MODDER THAT KNOWS HIS **** TO WHITEWASH SOME CMAK MARDERS! I'm strickly a cut and paste kinda guy and don't think I can do it.

DavidI

Originally posted by David I:

All of the whitewashed Marders are Grey.

I don't understand this comment, all of what WW marders are grey. :confused:

You must know of the gelb marders in these Gorden Molek cmmos packs. tongue.gif

Whitewashed_German_Yellow_AGs_1_CMMOS_hr

Whitewashed_German_Yellow_AGs_2_CMMOS_hr

Dey,

I don't understand this comment, all of what WW marders are grey.
Sorry I wasn't clear enough, The Marders in CMMOD's CMBB listing are mainly Grau/Grey or are snow sprinkled, have non CMAK cammo patterns, and have shared BMP numbers with other vehicles. :confused:

You must know of the gelb marders in these Gorden Molek cmmos packs.

Whitewashed_German_Yellow_AGs_2_CMMOS_hr

I dinna ken CMMOS! I got the one in my CMBB Special Edition to work, but only those ones. My eyes glazed over when I started to read how to use sets, etc.

My attempts, to date, to directly transfer CMBB's Whitewashed Marders to CMAK have met with no success, :( changed BMP numbers, shared BMP's betweeen vehicles etc seem to be my stumbling block. :mad:

So therefore - WE NEED SOME MODDER THAT KNOWS HIS **** TO WHITEWASH SOME CMAK MARDERS!
Funny but you are just the guy I was refering to. :D

DavidI

marders4kv.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

As you can see those marders in Gordens cmmos pack are pretty good, well the marderII isn't anything to get up in the night over, but it would do, for awhile at least.

All you have to do with any of that stuff in any of Gordens cmmos packs is just crop off the _ww off the end of the bmp number and bam ya gots a regular bmp now.

I'm stated this stuff because I'm unsure you figured these things out already.

I've taken a quick look in pack 1 and see that there appears to the Wespe at #153720.bmp and what must the marderIII at #154130.bmp and also the marderII at bmp #154590. There don't seem to be any marders in pack 2.

In BO and BB the only sharing going on is between the Wespe and MarderIII,and that involves a different side and front bmp for the marderIII all the rest is shared between the two. the only other bmp shared is that 4000.bmp(cmbo),(Grau cmbb) and 104000 for gelb cmbb, thats inside all the marders.

I don't have cmak so you'll have to do the tracking down within the game for the parts. You may have to set the bmp folder for thumbnail view and go through every bmp, I've done that many times.

Are Gordon's Marders still available for download anywhere? I've poked around at CMMODS and the old Combat HQ without joy
They're in this cmmos pack, smile.gif

Gordens AG Cmmos Packs

Also if you have that cmmos version install that came on the mod disk for the cdv version of cmbb all of gordens cmmos packs for the germans and russians are in that GEM folder. :D

Wait a minute! :eek: Those are the very ones that I am trying to transfer from my CMBB files to CMAK! :mad: The BMP's are scattered between three different type vehicles. The BMP numbers are different between CMBB and CMAK, very different. And to Top it off they are named different things in the two games, CMBB there are Marder III early, Marder III and Marder III late. In CMAK there are Marder III ®, Marder III H and Marder III M's. Do they corrilate? Hell if I know. :mad:

What is the point of downloading some more CMBB Marders that I can't translate into CMAK! :confused: If you can figure it out how to renumber them for CMAK, please do so and post them at CMMOD's CMAK mods. Anyone! Make me look stupid, I don't care.

Are White washed Marders for this game too much to ask for? I ask you. I bet I'm not alone in this.

AAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

DavidI

Wait a minute! Those are the very ones that I am trying to transfer from my CMBB files to CMAK! The BMP's are scattered between three different type vehicles. The BMP numbers are different between CMBB and CMAK, very different. And to Top it off they are named different things in the two games,
Okay the bmp numbers are different, now your going to have to track down the bmps from cmak and do a BMP to BMP comparison, if the bmps from those cmbb marders appear the same as the cmak ones then you renumber the cmbb bmps accordingly.

No one said it was going to be easy.

One time you say all ya got are grey marders, now you say you have those yellow marders.

I don't even have cmak though I'm trying to help, but if that's going to be your attitude, then I guess I've gone as far as I can go.

Dey,

I appreciate all the help you have attempted to make. But if you re-read my posts you will note that it is CMMODS that has mainly Grey Marders, in my copy of CMBB I have both. I just can't figure out what is what for translating CMBB BMP numbers into CMAK BMP numbers.

If you look at the Vehicle lists that various people have done they give a Marder III in CMBB a starting BMP number of 104130 (winterized would be 154130) if I go into my CMBB bmp file to 104130 there are only 2 BMPs for that vehicle, the other BMPs are scattered throughout other vehicles that share BMPs with with Marder III. Total pain in the behind.

But you are right, if you don't have CMAK you probably can't help me out.

Again I apprecitate your help in this and other matters. Just venting.

With all due respect,

DavidI

It's even worse than I thought. Taking Dey's advice I got the winterized Marder BMPs from my CMBB files and put them into a folder. Then I got my non winterized Marder BMPs from my CMAK files and put them into the same folder, and guess what? They are different. The Marder in CMBB has a side view where the side of the vehicle includes the running gear, in CMAK the upper body of the Marder is a seperate BMP from the running gear BMP (so in CMBB 1 BMP for the side, in CMAK two BMPs for the side). They are fundamentally different. None of the top views match, etc. etc. No way that renumbering the CMBB Marders will work in CMAK.

The only way I can see winterized Marders is if a real Modder (not me) takes a nonwinterized CMAK Marder and spraypaints it (or whatever it is that you guys do).

Oh well, I tried and I tried and I failed.

DavidI

As you can see in cmbb (and cmbo for that matter) that in my screen cap above the wespe and marder III is the same except for the AFV's side and the front and the gun of course, so that explains the only two bmps for the marder III , one for the side and one for the front, also the gun barrel for the marder III seems to be #103783

The only other share is with that 4000.bmp.

Have you found the bmp numbers for these afv's in cmak yet. I can't believe BFC didn't keep the number system for either the grey set or yellow set from cmbb.

Once you found the cmak numbers just compare the cmak and cmbb bmps, if they're similar then just renumber the cmbb bmp to the cmak bmp, of course for winter stuff that should be 50000 added to the cmak summer number.

Whoops!! please disregard my above post I had it made up for awhile then had to make a call of the wild. tongue.gif I didn't check for any newer post before I finally sent it along.

It sounds like battlefront did some reworking of the marders for cmak.

You could try cutting and pasting and resizing of the cmbb stuff and try to cram it into cmak.

Maybe someone will attempt to do some whitewashing for cmak, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If this helps

From the Band of Brothers chart CMAK beginning bmp numbers

Marder II and II early 117320

IIIr 117340

IIIH 117360

IIIM 17440

From Dorosh's site

ending number CMBB

Marder II early 4132 103877

II 4595 104595

IIIearly 4132 104132

IIIlate 4132 104132

EDIT the CMAK numbers are for Italy

[ December 30, 2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

I just finished some crosovers from BB to AK with white clothed Mountain troops--what a mess! I kept on getting "seagulls"--either grey bodies with white sleeves or vice versa. The leaders were the real pain. Here's one post from another similar thread I started which saved the day:

"You add 50000 to winterize stuff." (Some need 60000)

"Most BMPs transfer directly from CMBB to CMAK with notable exceptions. The guns got renumbered as did the Marders. The Best German uniform BMP List is at the Grossdeutchland for CM site. I wish someone would do a comprehensive list for all CMAK armies like the one GD did for CMBB.

German Mountain Troops in CMAK have seperate arms

and helmets from your Heer types:

Mid War:

Head Body Side LArm RArm Legs

9028 9006 9128 9134 9172 9039 Co.L.

9028 9013 9161 9165 9172 9039 Sq.L.

9027 9004 9142 9047 9043 9039 Squad

9027 9005 9142 9047 9043 9039 Crew

Now here's the one you really want:

Mountain Late War:

9034 9011 9129 9135 9138 9041 Co.L.

9034 9014 9162 9166 9173 9041 Sq.L.

9033 9009 9143 9048 9044 9041 Squad

9033 9010 9143 9048 9044 9041 Crew

Hope that helps.

DavidI "

DavidI: you're my hero! I also found that those "Bulge winter uni's mods" (forget the modder's name, sorry) work well with BB--especially the SS Mech guys.

Now that Wicky is dabbling with snow dusting (GO man GO!) I hope that other modders will follow suit and outfit the German ob. I'm not a modder, but I have some folders prepared that I may upload later to CMMODS (never tried this before, I'm sure I'll foul it up somehow).

There are a plethora of really good "Bulge" scenarios available at the 'Depot and "Proving Grounds.

Another note of interest is that my ATI graphics card was replaced by an nVideo card and now I finally have FOG and DUST!!! I am now looking forward to spending these next wintry months lost in the fog and snow of the Ardennes.

Still miss my King Tigers though... :(tongue.gif

Tooz,

I agree, go Wicky, go! And throw some snow on those Marders while your at it. That Panther looks pretty cool. And I agree that Bulge Series is pretty cool, whoever the author is. :rolleyes:

Dey,

No ****, who would 'ave thunk it. Beyond my skill, I know that. ;)

This is a great forum, with a great bunch of guys and gals. :D

DavidI

"It appears that our talented modders have gone after many of the units that appeared in the Bulge. Thanks guys!"--jagcommander

A BIG BUMP here from a winter white (and snow covered) mod loving modslut! The Bulge has never looked better! More more more! :D

Originally posted by jagcommander:

Has someone put together a chart with the BMP numbers of units in CMAK version 1.03 and/or CMBB v1.03? If so, where is it (are they)available?

Thanks for any help.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but their is a view on cmmods.com that sorts all the mods by their .BMP files. It might help you determine which ones you want. Just FYI...

COG