A9

Wol

I was playing around with the A9 the other day and surrounded one with Italian inf to see how the MGs work. They worked as if they were all fixed forward firing guns. That is, they seem to be treated as if they are just fixed forward firing guns, and cannot fire to a flank. Is this right or is it just me? If they are like this (not really multi-turreted at all) Why weren't T-28s included in CMBB?

Cheers

At the opposite end, the Lees and Grants are listed having bow mgs, but in real life the mgs were rigidly mounted - could only be fired straight ahead! :eek: . In a small test I couldn't really tell what the Lee's bow mg was doing but I suspect the mg is more independently aimable than it was in real life.

I guess the game engine simply can't cover all variations on the 'bow mg' theme.

No, you got it right the first time...the M3 medium's bow guns (there were 2) were NOT flexible and were to be aimed by pointing the tank. Some sort of WW1 holdover trench-clearing fantasy, I guess. Atually, the M3 light had similar sponson guns. All these were found to be unworkable and in practice the ports were welded shut or excluded on late production vehicles. The flexible bow gun appeared on the M3 light (in addition to the 2 fixed sponson guns) and later on the M4 medium and of course the M5 light.