Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I Shall Go to Korea...Er, Make that Northern Illinois...

Okay, I shall make my way to Northern Illinois after this Mother's Day weekend.

There I shall get caught up with friends long abandoned, and bereft, and hang out with complete scum like Berli, Moriarity, Bauhaus, and, possibly, that sick bugger, Rune.

Anyone need to sing some Dylan songs with the UberGnome? Because he's going to be on display in North Illinois this next weekend.

Dalem, you sick feck, what are you doing? Wanna drive down to see the Heraldites?

During the week or the weekend? Let me know when ya get here, i have some Illinois High School playoff games to referee, so will depend on the day. Also, let me know if you are flying in, want to get the SAMs alerted in time.

Rune

Also you want to pull in the welcome mat, close the drapes, and turn out all the lights. Leaving a pile of unopened newspapers in front of the door is always a good ploy. As a last resort, bury the beer in the backyard...or better yet, drink it before he gets there.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Hop on a plane to Seattle and I'll meet you at SeaTac.

:D

Michael

Oddly enough I'LL be in SeaTac Wednesday night through Friday night (well, technically in SeaTac on Wednesday night ... Bellevue the rest of the time). Very busy on other than Friday night, however. If you've a mind shoot me an email and we'll discuss.

Joe

Crap. Yesterday, being Mother's Day, I met with family members and mentioned that I was considering fleeing the State to inflict myself on northern Illinois.

Now, my family having known me all my life, you'd normally think that the response would be 'You go, boy! Leave Minnesota! Descend upon Northern Illinois like a one creature SARS epidemic! Punish the vile Chicagoans! Can we pay for your gas, food, do you have a place to stay, or could we arrange one? And don't hurry back. You know we'll always be here for you, even if you decide to stay there for the next decade or so...'

Instead, I'm told that my presence is required in the Great Northland for the next couple of weeks. Something about parental health issues, and needing a someone who has no fecking life or any other purpose of existence in order to help out with a number of things that need to be done, and to help out with medium-heavy lifting (not unlike reading my prose).

So I must postpone my trip to Northern Illinois (why does he keep saying that, you ask yourself? Why does he keep making a point of going to Northern Illinois? It's because, gentle reader, southern illinois is more than a bit like going to Alabama, or Mississippi, but not as pretty. The two parts of the State are so dissimilar as to make you feel like you should bring your passport with you if you venture south of Peoria...).

I will be trying to get to Northern Illinois either at the end of this month, or very early June. I will keep that utter swine Berlichtigen informed. He says I can't stay with him, though. Something about the fact that my allergies to dogs will almost certainly result in my death the first evening because he actually plans to comb the dogs in any room that I might even have thought about sleeping in.

Oddly, though, I have other friends in Northern Illinois. Old friends. Long time friends. Friends I haven't seen for several years. Almost long enough, in fact, that they may have let the Court Orders lapse.

And their hearts will probably have softened. They'll relent, I feel sure. I mean, you buggers read what I have to say all the time, eh? And how many could turn me away if I showed up on your doorstep late on a Friday night?

I mean, provided I wasn't wearing my underwear on my head, and singing Pogues songs (badly). And what if I brought beer? Really, really great beer! Like Jesus would have drunk! How bout then, huh?

You're right, I should see what that portion of baja Wisconsin has in the way of cheap motels...

• 2 weeks later...