This is the Peng Challenge that never ends....It goes on and on my Friends....

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

Just so everyone knows looks at Seanachai I never read emails from ppl I dont know who they are. Lately I have noticed a sharp increase in odd-emails...and whoever's writing them looks at Seanachai should know they are wasting their time.

Oh, please. Do you really think I'd send you pseodonymously addressed emails? What's next, are you going to accuse me of having multiple pizzas delivered to your door at 1 AM?

If I want to send you odd and annoying emails, I will simply send you odd and annoying emails. You'll know they're from me. Besides the fact that they'd be from 'Seanachaibard', the subject line would always begin: 'My Dear Swedish Pillock...' </font>

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

Hm...then who is it...

I feel a good 'ol Sherlock Holmes episode looming at the horizon... "the mystery of the silly emails that were never read"

It has to be CM player then.

That's General Forum behaviour, that is. I'd begin inquiries there. Slapdragon was getting all sorts of weird emails from that one pillock who got himself banned. Check with him.

I mean, he was getting weird emails from the most recently banned pillock. Over time, I believe Slappy's gotten weird emails from any number of banned pillocks.

Guest konrad
Originally posted by Boo Radley:

At least that's what they say...

And under chestnut tree

I sold You ,and You sold me

HEY! Salkin

If you are here (and I doubt it) I CHALLENGE YOU!

stoopid, grabastic, Non-TNT chuckin' Maggot-lips.

How dare you? Send me a feckin' setup. GGGGRRAARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Bah.REMF. Leg. AG wannabe. Pogue.

Many other terms of derision should be added, but escape me for the moment.

Wallybob is waiting.

Originally posted by Wallybob:

HEY! Salkin

If you are here (and I doubt it) I CHALLENGE YOU!

stoopid, grabastic, Non-TNT chuckin' Maggot-lips.

How dare you? Send me a feckin' setup. GGGGRRAARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Bah.REMF. Leg. AG wannabe. Pogue.

Many other terms of derision should be added, but escape me for the moment.

Wallybob is waiting.

That was simply embarrassing.

Doesn't it too often appear that the Cheery Waffle thread is some sort of evolutionary sink-hole? I mean, the animals who stumbled into the Le Brea tarpits (multilingual redundancy intended) must have been brighter.

Boo, if you notice, I done been here much longer than you, and I was lurking longer than that.

Bugger off, or send a setup.

We do not acknowledge how long you've been sitting on the toilet, nor even how long you've been actually 'using' it, as a measure of worthiness.

We are, of course, relieved to know that your long period of constipation was eventually remedied.

Of course, since that moment, all you've seemed capable of is a long stream of...Wallybob postings.

We encourage you to read the Classics, to gain some knowledge of the beauties of the English language, and to add more fiber to your diet.

If I was a Doctor, you'd owe me somewhere between $50 and $150 now, depending on where you lived, and how gullible you are (so go with the higher figure).

Check back with me once you've read some literature, have anything to say, and your stool firms up.

You strip from me the laurel and the rose!

Take all! Despite you there is yet one thing

I hold against you all, and when, to-night,

I enter Christ's fair courts, and, lowly bowed,

Sweep with doffed casque the heavens' threshold blue,

One thing is left, that, void of stain or mutch,

I bear away despite you. Tis'...my PANACHE !

And that's all I'll say on this silly topic, until I soundly gut Lars and give him his own mines as suppositories.

Anyway, not to change the subject, but I must say him and Joe Shaw owned up to drinking Coors.

Originally posted by Kobal2:

You strip from me the laurel and the rose!

Take all! Despite you there is yet one thing

I hold against you all, and when, to-night,

I enter Christ's fair courts, and, lowly bowed,

Sweep with doffed casque the heavens' threshold blue,

One thing is left, that, void of stain or mutch,

I bear away despite you. Tis'...my PANACHE !

Interesting. Which translation are you using? The immediately available and mass-market version is Hooker's, and reads thus:

Yes, all my laurels you have riven away

And all my roses; yet in spite of you,

There is one crown I bear with me,

And tonight, when I enter before God,

My salute shall sweep all the stars away

From the blue threshold! One thing without stain,

Unspotted from the world, in spite of doom

Mine own!—

—That is...

My White Plume...

Who's translation are you using?

I used the first thing I could find : the Gutenberg Project version. Frankly, it doesn't much good to the text, as the original seems much more grandiloquent to me - but I'm a huge fan of Cyrano, so I may not be that objective with trifling with it.

Your version is even farther from the original words, I must say. Not that it's a bad thing per se, and I'll be the first to admit that translating Cyrano isn't exactly a walk in the park (which kinda inspires me to try and have a go at it, now that my exams are over), but still, I'm partial to litteral, close-to-the-original translations myself. Going for the "true" meaning, or the poet's intent, always falls short in my experience.

Wallybob is waiting.

You heard the thing - Grogybob is waiting. Bring it a warm milk bottle and a new diaper before it starts making those siren noises and blowing spit bubbles again. But watch out... oh wait, most of you are used to things crapping on you... never mind.

Originally posted by Kobal2:

I used the first thing I could find : the Gutenberg Project version. Frankly, it doesn't much good to the text, as the original seems much more grandiloquent to me - but I'm a huge fan of Cyrano, so I may not be that objective with trifling with it.

Your version is even farther from the original words, I must say. Not that it's a bad thing per se, and I'll be the first to admit that translating Cyrano isn't exactly a walk in the park (which kinda inspires me to try and have a go at it, now that my exams are over), but still, I'm partial to litteral, close-to-the-original translations myself. Going for the "true" meaning, or the poet's intent, always falls short in my experience.

I'm almost sure I have a better, more French translation around here somewhere...

So many books...so little time to use them to beat each and every one of you fecking halfwits over the head...