* New Mod Posted: Commonwealth AFV Crews *

Not one, not two, but three, count 'em, three different uniforms for your British, Canadian, New Zealand, Polish, and South African tank crews. Includes overalls that are pretty much copies of the originals, battledress (note the spiffy ascot, probably stolen from the officer in my Fallschirmjäger mod set :rolleyes: ), and denim battledress.

cw_crew.jpg

Where to get them? The CM Mod Database, of course!

I think this game NEEDS more blue polka-dot ascots!

Reminds me of my initial plan to convert the Brit N African uniforms into English girls school uniforms with blue blazers over white blouses, plaid skirts, and white knee-highs.

Modding is half the fun of the game.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I think this game NEEDS more blue polka-dot ascots!

Reminds me of my initial plan to convert the Brit N African uniforms into English girls school uniforms with blue blazers over white blouses, plaid skirts, and white knee-highs.

Modding is half the fun of the game.

I'm considering doing an Aloha Shirt, shorts and flip-flops mod for the desert Brits. :D

While researching this mod I found a photo of a British tanker wearing a similar ascot with his battledress, so I swapped out the scarf that the FJ officer was wearing and it actually looked pretty cool (in an "upper-class twit of the year" kind of way)! ;)

I seem to recall seeing a good number of Brit tanker acsots fluttering in the breeze in all those old B&W British war movies of the 50s and 60s.

The reason why the Brit upper classes were always wearing ascots was because their manor houses lacked central heating! The peasants in their hovels down the lane had the comfort of coal fires in their parlors (or should that be spelled parlours?).

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

How come the tank commander with the ascot is wearing infantry shoulder titles (white on scarlet)?

tongue.gif

Because it was late and I was too lazy to look up the proper ones... :rolleyes:

So what should they look like, then? smile.gif </font>

Nice looking!

Two points to mention:

1) This mod deals with a bug in the original BMPs. BMP# 9420 shows a polish shoulder badge but is used for New Zealand tanks. This mod supplies the correct BMP (in conjunction with pt 2)

2) I think some arm BMPs are mixed up in this mod:

BMP#9410 is used in Africa but not in Italy as the rest of the mod set. The matching BMP# is 9412.

Same goes for 9414 + 9416, 9418 + 9420 and 9422 + 9424

Marcus

[ May 05, 2004, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: mike8g ]