Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

All New Grog-Friendly Panzer Crew Mod Posted!

AndrewTF

Where else?

This new Panzer Pack features reworked uniforms that are more accurate representations of the Heer pattern AFV uniform. This set is not meant to replace the previous versions (which I actually kinda prefer to these, but I don't know--they're both pretty cool) but to add an option for people like Michael Dorosh who demand complete authenticity! ;)

BTW, I researched the info for the uniforms on Michael's website (one of them) so if there's anything wrong this time then blame him :D

Included in this set is a bonus reed green twill AFV uniform, which I think you will agree is my grooviest Panzer uniform ever.

Take a look:

Basic black

alt_pzr1.jpgalt_lw1.jpg

Field gray

alt_pzr2.jpgalt_lw2.jpg

Note Sturmartillerie collar tabs.

Reed green

alt_pzr3.jpgalt_lw3.jpg

Hey Andrew,

I use most of your uniform mods and I must say i like them.

Just one thing though, allmost on every german uniform you did there are death's heads on the collars, which is the insignia of the 2. SS Pz "Totenkopf" division (FYI, the SS death's head originated from the Kaiser's own family/cavalry regiment), and very few of them have the wehrmacht bars on the collar.

Why is this, did most panzer uniforms have death's heads on their collars?

One of the previews in your original post has the wehrmacht bars, for the authenticity freaks among us that is what we want, right? Or am I mistaken here?

greetz from holland

Originally posted by Kapitein KAB:

Just one thing though, allmost on every german uniform you did there are death's heads on the collars, which is the insignia of the 2. SS Pz "Totenkopf" division (FYI, the SS death's head originated from the Kaiser's own family/cavalry regiment), and very few of them have the wehrmacht bars on the collar.

Totenkopf was the 3rd SS division, Das Reich is the second. The skulls were present on Werhmacht Panzer wrap collar tabs.

SS Panzer wrap collar tabs would have the runes on one side and the rank on the other. The skull was on the crew's headgear.

most of the uniforms sport a Luftwaffe style eagle instead of the normal wehrmacht breast eagle.

The pictures on the right are Luftwaffe, those on the left have the Werhmacht breast eagle insigna. It may looks like the wings aren't straight, but it's because of the screenshot angle and they seem covered a bit by the collar flap.

[ February 24, 2004, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Omi ]

Totenkopf was the 3rd SS division, Das Reich is the second. The skulls were present on Werhmacht Panzer wrap collar tabs.

SS Panzer wrap collar tabs would have the runes on one side and the rank on the other. The skull was on the crew's headgear

Oh yeah, I mixed them up. (5. SS Wiking was the first West-European Battlefield formation ever fielded)

I found the skulls on panzer wrap collar tabs on the internet; they are a little different from the SS skulls, as indeed they are on the CM uniforms. The headgear skull is for all SS units right?

Thanx for the info! i was wrong again.......

Originally posted by Kapitein KAB:

Hey Andrew,

I use most of your uniform mods and I must say i like them.

One of the previews in your original post has the wehrmacht bars, for the authenticity freaks among us that is what we want, right? Or am I mistaken here?

greetz from holland

As others pointed out--yes, the panzer crews wore skull insignia on their collars. The ones in the mod are indeed derived from photos of real Panzer collar tabs (one of the few things I didn't draw from scratch in Photoshop!) and not Waffen-SS insignia.

The field gray uniform with the litzen is correct for mid- and late-war assault gun uniforms where the skull insignia were replaced with Sturmartillerie collar tabs (at least that's what Michael's website sez smile.gif ).

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

http://members.shaw.ca/deutschesoldaten/ (my site) has plenty of info on the collar tabs worn by panzer artillery, panzer units, etc. Glad it was of use to you, Andrew.

It's a nice, simple to understand reference with a lot of information. The line drawings especially convey a lot of essential information in a way that's easier to grasp than if using photos or artist's renderings.

Thanks for making it available. smile.gif