CMAK Review

since this is the newer thread, i'll post my reaction here. overall it wasn't a bad review, but it definitely failed to mention anything really specific about the game. ie scenario editor, quick battles, wego system, and many more. hell, he didn't even describe how cool the action looks during the execution phase. that was more like the synoptsis for a movie. example:saving private ryan.."a small squad is sent on a mission to rescue a soldier that's lost all his brothers in combat so he can be sent home"...

oh well, what can you expect from a guy with 2 first names... tongue.gif

Oooooww...

I couldn't help but cringe in my seat when I read that review.

If I'd read that review without knowing CM before already I'd have no clue what it's all about. Tactical combat, WEGO-system, TacAI, editor...

But in the end it boils down to:

"I was pleased with this title, it doesn't offer up phenomenal graphics, but it does offer up fun. And at the end of the day, that's why we all play games."

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Oooooww...

I couldn't help but cringe in my seat when I read that review.

If I'd read that review without knowing CM before already I'd have no clue what it's all about. Tactical combat, WEGO-system, TacAI, editor...

But in the end it boils down to:

"I was pleased with this title, it doesn't offer up phenomenal graphics, but it does offer up fun. And at the end of the day, that's why we all play games."

yeah, me too, this guy's used all the stereotypes attached to wargaming indiscriminately.

Originally posted by zukkov:

oh well, what can you expect from a guy with 2 first names...

Well, could have been worse, could have been THA WIZ reviewing... ;)

[ January 04, 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: AlmightyTH ]