Which Servers Let You Resume D/Loading CMAK

markl

For us modem users with a time limit the 95 meg for the CMAK demo needs to be done over 2 or 3 sessions.

I tried with Ausgamers last night but even though my download manager says it supports resume it will not.

Has anyone found one of the links that reliably supports resume?

Cheers

Thats bizarre! Ausgamers is where i got it from and it let me resume many times. You are far better off grabbing a demo of a decent ftp client rather than trying to use your browser to download such a large file.

I use bulleproof FTP and it worked fine. Get the 30 day demo from www.bpftp.com. Its options can include detecting http URL's in your clipboard.

PS Im on a modem and it took around 6 hours from Ausgamers.

[ November 20, 2003, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Pud ]

If you are still looking for the demo I can host it on a temp webserver later this afternoon.

If you need it then email me and I'll send you the IP address when its up .... if there were only a couple of modem users downloading from it then the speed should be pretty good and I can keep it up all weekend.

I'm not sure if it is resumable ... but it should be ... if somebody could check it and let me know I'd be grateful.

It would be based on my home PC in the UK, but in the past there have been some good connection speeds.

However, Markl ..... If things go wrong for England on Saturday morning I may just pull the connection ;):D

Lou

To Lou2000,

Thanks for the offer but I think I have the problem solved now.

I was using the new download manager FreshDownload from Fresh Devices. I do not think it could handle the traffic. I reloaded Get Right and have been able to resume ok. Even picked up the old started file, which will save me some time.

But I may try the bullet proof FTP mentioned above.

It looks like my biggest problem on the weekend now will be putting the demo down long enough to try the latest version of McMMM mod manager out with my sound mods.

Thanks for the replies.

Originally posted by Pud:

Thats bizarre! Ausgamers is where i got it from and it let me resume many times. You are far better off grabbing a demo of a decent ftp client rather than trying to use your browser to download such a large file.

Bulletproof worked for me, too. Thanks Pud.

Thought it was a good idea to go to the pub last night while the demo took 6 hours to download. Good idea at the time, but am now suffering in the cold light of day.

[ November 22, 2003, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: ozi_digger ]