McMMM V4 alpha test invite

McMMM V4 will provide the capability to define and load "Mod Sets".

This means that

</font>

• Scenario designers can provide a list of mods that makes their scenario look "just right"...</font>
  • Mod Junkies can specify lists of Mods that "go together"...</font>

and McMMM will let you install all those mods in one go.

Junk2Drive and I have played with the current version and it basically seems to work - I need a few more people to try it before unleashing it on the world.

If you're willing to give it a go, and don't mind being involved with "debugging" then drop me a note.

Thanks,

GaJ.

Hi,

I could give it a go on the weekend coming up. Something like this was a suggestion I made long ago. If it works it will be great leap forward, am I am sure it will. Do you have a scenario with mods available that we would all be testing the same? Because appart from say terrain it may be hard to match things up and get consistent results.

Are you e-mailing it to us like last time?

marklaur@tpg.com.au

I would like to see in CMX2 for a set of flags in scenarios to indicate say terrain type & units, and for say MCMMM to automatically load the mods that conform to the flags when the scenario is launched. The mod manager would have to launch the program or run in the back ground. I have seen this in another game and it works very well, but BFC would have to be involved, or give the community better hooks into the program.

Cheers MarkL

Mark,

I've sent you a copy (it's "beta" now).

McMMM is now supposed to do as close as possible to what you asked, as long as the scenario designer provides the information.

McMMM V4 allows the scenario designer to load a set of appropriate mods, then with a click of the button write a file that describes those mods.

The scenario designer will then distribute that "Mod Set Description File" along with the scenario file, and the users can use McMMM to load those mods, again with a couple of clicks.

Eventually I'd like McMMM to know how to actually find the Mods for you to download if you haven't got them. Right now you have to do that yourself though... McMMM can tell you what you need.

GaJ.