Operation Recommendations?

Hi guys,

I've been playing Combat Mission (BO & BB) for around two years now, and am ready to start tackling Operations. I have played through just about every stock Battle and many downloaded ones (as well as a ton of QBs), but for some reason have never really delved into the Operations.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some good Ops to start out tackling? I prefer smaller battles (I usually play <1500-2000pt games) if possible, but am open to experimentation. I am asking mostly for BB, but also if anyone has any good CMBO Ops worth trying I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks in advance!!

Shameless plug. If you are looking for manageable size ops to start try my Gebirgsjaeger series for CMBB. They are all medium or smaller. Suggest GP. 5 Rechnitz or GP 2. Edelwiess to start. If you like them bigger try Der Pionier kessel for a huge Stalingrad fight. All of these ops based on real battles and are historicaly researched with extensive resources

Good hunting

smile.gif

I've been playing Emar's Gebirgsjäger Pack with my esteemed opponent. Currently we're in #3 and I have liked them.

I have just recently uploaded "JR 48 at Kuuterselkä". The zip contains 3 versions, so it should give enough challenge on either side vs. human or AI. It is medium/large. For something bigger yet, try A Walk on the Beach. These are for CMBB.

Another shameless plug:

Combined Arms, South to Kiev

Germans fight through multilayered defense screen to enter town. Map is about 4K deep. AI should give you a good fight. Opens with Pzr IIIs vs numerous Russian tin cans. A blast. Get's tricky. I would say this one is medium in size. At TPG:

http://www.the-proving-grounds.com/scenario_details.html?command=search&db=scenarios.db&eqskudatarq=534

Cheers

Just finished playing by email the operation "Beginning of the End" by Boots and Tracks' Jeff "Jwxspoon" Weatherspoon.

An excellent mid-war operation with lots of different armor and infantry options. The game actually started to feel like a chess game with either player trying to position their forces better.

Get it here:

Beginning of the End Operation