Just bought CMBB

I had purchased CMBO when it became Retail in the states June and now I have CMBB! It seems to me that this game is bit harder then Beyond Overlord because of the increased effectiveness in small arms and mchineguns. You folks wouldn't be able to give me some tips on how to take out Infantry in trenches?

I have discovered that when I'm playing the Axis side, my gamey opponents have had great success by moving their swarms of T-34s to 30-50 meters range and blasting my infantry with canister. :mad: :mad:

Mortars and artillery can also be effective, as well as concentrated small arms and machine gun fire. Ideally some combination will work best.

Welcome to CMBB !

Inf in trenches ? Best is to pinn them with HE shells and some mortars and mg's i would say, then move your inf and your armor forward to finish the job.

So you need SUPERIOR firepower because inf in a trench is hard to pinn anyway.

Second way is to use smoke to block LOS, but this is a tricky way :cool:

Monty

[ October 11, 2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Monty ]

welcome aboard! cmbb is indeed a bit harder to get the hang of, but once you do, you'll probably not want to play cmbo anymore.

taking on entrenched infantry is tough. if you have tanks, pound the hell out of em with direct he. also heavy artillery can break them up. don't try to do it with infantry alone unless you can cover their advance with smoke.

anyway, enjoy the game!

When fighting in trenches I thought it might be possible to send infantry squads in to one end of the trench and and see if I can kill the enemy from his own trench. Will that work? Or do you get a still get a bonus to concealment and cover when fighting infantry in you the same trench?

Dave H wrote....

I have discovered that when I'm playing the Axis side, my gamey opponents have had great success by moving their swarms of T-34s to 30-50 meters range and blasting my infantry with canister.
Why do so many bitch about so called "gamey" play?? Your opponent outwitted you Dave, deal with it. Anyone who says they lost coz "oh he was gamey" is sour grapes as far as I'm concerned......all's fair in love & war baby!

Originally posted by General Brock:

Your opponent outwitted you Dave, deal with it.

Actually, knowing the people he's playing, I'm comfortable they couldn't outwit a rock.

DaveH is very gamey himself. He uses out of LOS mortars, guns hidden in trees, and (blast it all) artillery.

[ October 12, 2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Becket ]