Target Vehicle Aspect and round trajectory

When a round hit a vehicle does the algorithm take into account the target’s bearing?

For instance a tank being struck by a round perpendicular to the frontal armor, I would think, would have less protection than if the round was coming in at an angle other than 90 degrees.

Also A “HEAT” round fired at long range would have an arc which would cause the impact to be on the top armor value. Is this correct?

The game takes in the target's range, armor angle, quality of the armor, quality of the shot, the angle the target's set at to the gun, and even the can of the target sitting on the ground! And probably several other factors besides.

I still recall the day I had a Sherman crestng a steep slope, only to find a Panther almost point-blank on the other side. The Panther fired and Zing! Ricochet! The Sherman's bow angle plus the extra 30+ degree slope he was climbing was just enough to deflect the shot.