Ost Front documentary series

Speaking of Ostfront footage, during my stag party last year, I found myself at 3 AM in an *ahem* -- leather-themed establishment on Delancey Street. The protocols of this forum do not allow me to describe the full proceedings, or how we came to be there ("This is my friend Eddie. He's in the p*** business.")

However the basement dance floor was filled with smoke, strobes, techno-industrial at 120 decibels, and, running in a continuous loop across a full wall of video screens..... 1943 Ostfront footage.

So here's us, 4 Canuck MBAs in black tie at a Manhattan BDSM club, smoking Cohiba Churchills and dancing in a drunken haze with an Amazon goddess whom we dubbed "Ilse, She-Wolf of the SS" (at least, we think she was a she), while Mark IVs and Tigers roll across the steppe.

My souvenir of that night is one riding crop, slightly used.

All true, I swear on the grave of Leni Riefenstahl.

Surrealer still, my friend Vince met Eddie (the guy in the p*** business) online while playing Unreal Tournament. Vince is a venture capitalist, which means he collects obscene amounts of money for putting together deals and then has most of his day free to game.

The same goes for Eddie, although his business model is somewhat more .... labor intensive (and yes, he does help out on the shop floor occasionally -- of course we asked).

Alas, I have not as yet been able to interest Vince in CM (too much thinking involved).