Prague - Tanked up??

No you numpty, I want to know the recommendations of grogs who use this board! I can google with the best of them, but won't know as much about if a place has an awesome tank collection or three buttons and a tin cup.

Example: Should I go to Bone_Vulture's house for dinner?

Google answer: "Food is served daily"

Grog Forum answer: "Food is served from a pot of simmering bones and catfood, garnished with chef's special sauce. Avoid."

See?

Originally posted by GRUMLIN:

No you numpty, I want to know the recommendations of grogs who use this board! I can google with the best of them, but won't know as much about if a place has an awesome tank collection or three buttons and a tin cup.

I find it improbable that there are people on this forum that've visited the war museums of Prague. Or maybe there is - I suggest you try a thread with a better title, like "Ne good war museums @ Prague? ONLY EYEWITNESS ACCOUNTS PLZ!". :rolleyes:

Grumlin,

Do you have transport. There are a couple of places outside of Prague that have tanks and the like but you need a car to get there. One is near Benesov. It's the army museum and they have lot's of neat stuff including some modern stuff. I'll have to check out the other place and see where it is. Have not been there yet. There is also Terezin, which was a holding camp for the Jews before ther were deported. It will leave an impression, but that's also outside of Prague. There is also a monument to the last battle fought in Europe on May 11, 1945 when a German Army broke thru the Russians to surrendur to the Americans. There were handed back. The terrain around there gives an awesome view. Kholt