Breakout, 10th. SS and Destination, Lodz available…

Two new scenarios available at The Depot

Enjoy!

Title: Breakout, 10th. SS

Type: Axis attack. (Reconnaissance in force).

Date: April 1944.

Region: South

Weather: Dry, cool.

Terrain: Forest, hills.

Wind: Breeze, SW.

Turns: 45+

Author: Abbott

April 1944 and the Russian’s have been advancing all along the front. Despite Hitler’s “stand fast,” order General Manstein has ordered the First Panzer Army to breakout of its encirclement near Buchach in the western Ukraine. Caught off-guard by this move general Zhukov hurriedly rushed 5th. Tank Army’s leading units to stop them.

Semi-historical. Approximately 3,000 points.

Playing recommendations:

Two-player.

Extreme fog of war.

One-player.

Axis attacks verse the AI.

Extreme fog of war.

Very important ****Computer free to place units****

**Reconnaissance in force. A well-led advance will need to be conducted here. Elements of the 10th Frundsberg SS division deploying from the route march formation into the attack. 45 turns, variable allows for some caution but do not tarry to long, as there are two widely spaced victory locations to take and hold. Enough forested hills to offer many avenues of approach.

__

Title: Destination, Lodz

Type: Russian attack

Date: January 1945

Region: North

Weather: Light snow, overcast, cold

Terrain: Town, farmland, forest

Wind: Breeze, WSW

Turns: 30+

Author: Abbott

Approximately 1,800 points.

The German army has been steadily pushed from Russia. Desperate to stop the advancing Russians in the North, the Grossdeutschland division has been sent to shore up the defense. At dawn of a cold January day the Russians launch a strong mechanized attack from south and east of Lodz, in an effort to capture the town and its railroad facilities. As elements of the 2nd. Guards Tank Army approach Lodz… Grenadiers prepare to defend the themselves.

**Destination, Lodz is designed to be an easy to play Russian attack while providing some tense and difficult moments for one or two players. Short approach marches on a tough defensive position, with reinforcements arriving for both players. Good quality Russian troops verse well to high quality German forces.

Originally posted by Abbott:

**Destination, Lodz is designed to be an easy to play Russian attack while providing some tense and difficult moments for one or two players. Short approach marches on a tough defensive position, with reinforcements arriving for both players. Good quality Russian troops verse well to high quality German forces.

I'll have to download this one...tell the truth, did you use the same ASL scenario that inspired my own "Detraining at Lodz" that is also at the depot? ;)

EDIT - heh, just checked it out in the editor, looks like a good evenly balanced one. I'll have to give it a whirl. Send me a set up or something - or are you sick of playing this one?

I note with interest two new "GD" scenarios. Not that I would mind seeing more Grossdeutschland scenarios out there, the more the merrier - but for some reason buddy has prefixed his scenario titles so as to place them amidst my GD scenarios, and yet, they take place in "the Ghetto". Not sure what this refers to, but Ghettoes are rarely happy places. Anyone know what gives? GD never fought in Warsaw (or Chicago, for that matter...)

[ August 17, 2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

EDIT - heh, just checked it out in the editor, looks like a good evenly balanced one. I'll have to give it a whirl. Send me a set up or something - or are you sick of playing this one?

I would enjoy a playing "Destination, Lodz" with you Mike. I am a bit rusty not having a PBEM game going for the past six-months, so I will defend. As creator of the scenario it will give me an advantage if you do not thoroughly check the battle in your editor before we play. Good luck to you sir!

(PBEM on the way)