HQ bonuses while HQ hiding?

My understanding is that there are no penalties to command radius/bonus if the HQ is on 'Hide'. I do believe however that the HQs greater spotting abilities may be affected if on Hide, not certain though, never managed to bottow it out.

Originally posted by Jaws:

Good point. No bonuses for hiding Hq's. Properly in 1.04, CMAK or CMX2.

This is absolutely silly.

Why should this ever be changed? It isn't something that is broken. The bonus, IMO represents the training this HQ has given his men. The men won't forget this important training just because the HQ is hiding. It also should represent the experience that the HQ and his men has recieved over time in regards to hiding.

Keep the bonus.

Well, if it solely represents training given pre-battle, then it shouldn't matter if a unit is within range of the HQ (or if the HQ even still exists).

That said, I don't think bonuses should be erased if the HQ is hiding. It might make sense to reduce their effective radii, though, or require a valid LOS between HQ and subordinate.