Mapping Mission 1.08

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scarhead:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Keke:

Siiranmäki, so no worries. smile.gif

Mitenkäs ison alueen Ihantalaa meinasit tehdä?

Käytän 7x8 km2 karttapohjaa joka kattaa kaiken Talista Ihantalaan ja Juustilan kanavalta Talin myllylle. Kaikkea en aio "värittää", mutta esim. Leitimojärven-Portinhoikan seutu on jo melkein kokonaan pussissa ja joitakin muitakin tärkeitä seutuja, esim. Marjamäki. Portinhoikka-kartta onkin jo Skenaariovarikolla. </font>

Well, something bad when I actually tried using it for real. 1.07 works with underlay bitmaps tremendously slower than 1.06 did. So slow, that I can't use a large paintbrush with underlay turned on. I wonder what has changed? I use XP and Geforce2MX, FYI.

[ July 19, 2003, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Sergei ]

Hi,

I have been posting on the CMMC2 thread, but thought I would just add some praise here too.

A group of us, including Andreas, used MM in a weekend of Live CMBB Tournament play. I built a 6km by 10km map based on a topographical map of the Ukraine, and copied and pasted sections into the CMBB Map Editor as required. Outstanding.

Once you are accustomed to building map sin MM there is no going back. Build up a library of MM maps, then copy sections into the CMBB editor as required.

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by Sergei:

Well, something bad when I actually tried using it for real. 1.07 works with underlay bitmaps tremendously slower than 1.06 did. So slow, that I can't use a large paintbrush with underlay turned on. I wonder what has changed? I use XP and Geforce2MX, FYI.

Really? Hmmm. I didn't notice this myself but I didn't test exhaustively. I'll look into it; the underlay stuff didn't change (intentionally, anyway) so it shouldn't be much worse than before.

One question -- are you "distorting" the underlay by showing it in an area that doesn't match the aspect ratio of the bitmap? For example, showing a square underlay bitmap in an area that is not square?

Also, are you running the updated 1.07 that was posted on the CMMC2.org forums? I sent a pre-release 1.07 out to a few people that had fairly significant graphics performance issues -- you didnt't get ahold of one of those, did you?

Hi Leland,

well I am using the final 1.07. It is strange as the map and the bmp work just right in the earlier MM versions that I have kept, but then when I load them into 1.07, it gets sluggish when the underlay is displayed (and I do nothing differently when loading them - I press alt+A to select all, then load underlay). Also, the underlay shows up a bit differently. Pay close attention to the following screenshots:

106.png107.png

As you can see, 1.07 has much rougher edges, while in 1.06 they are blurrier.

Ah, that may help me figure out what's going on, actually. I may have changed the StretchBlt mode used to scale the underlay; that would explain the visual difference as well as the performance change. I know I was playing with that when I was tweaking the performance of the overview mode. I'll look into it.

Some other people had noted some performance issues with 1.07. I have improved this significantly, and also changed the underlay appearance back to what it was before. A version 1.08 should be released soon (maybe today) with these fixes.

Edit: Version 1.08 is now available (same location as before). No new features, but a couple of bugs are fixed and performance should be significantly improved.

[ July 21, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: L.Tankersley ]