** work in progress : "from scratch" Jagdtiger **

Ok, here some news about my work :

- Removed the ventilator clutch between the loader and the driver hatches (only exists on KT).

- Add fixations on the front glacis for the travel lock.

- Add an extra "Teddy bear" insigna to the superstructure front armour ;)

- Three options for superstructure sides : with two sets of tracks (like BFC original), with another one between, with nothing except fixations.

- Partially redrawn the superstructure deck, with more contrasted bolts and lines. Still have to check my work with the picture here :

Jagdtiger58.jpg

Things I've got to do ( :rolleyes: ) :

- Add two german crosses on each sides of the rear hatch.

- Add a serial number on the superstructure deck (just rear of the gun, as seen on the photo above).

- Finish the COMPLETE drawing of a travel lock( :mad: ) which is the most difficult...

- Add minor details (fixations for example).

I envision to release a complete set of Photoshop 6.0 (PC) files. The vehicle will be in greyscale with several optionnal layers (tracks, insigna, travel lock...). As I don't have Paint Shop Pro, I hope that Kingfisher will batch convert my files for that software ;) .

I will also create a yellow monocolor mod with standard options (cross, tracks) in BMP format for "easy-moding"...

I'll keep you inform ASAP ;)

Hi,

Today, I focused my work on the superstructure roof. I add some small details (bolts, serial number, fixation rings...), using the photo above. It is not exactly the same but I feel satisfied tongue.gif The main work was to completelly delete the camo scheme without losing details.

13274.jpg

It still needs some black lines to improve contrast (for the episcopes) and a redrawing of the "black hole" used for the gunner range finder. IMHO, BFC keeped the same shape which was on the Jagdpanther roof.

Unfortunatelly, the main hatch (middle right of the picture) also need a complete redrawing redface.gif Look at the B&W photo...

Stay tuned ! ;)

Hi Gentlemen,

My "from scratch" Jagdtiger is now almost complete : I've just have to coordinate the grey density between the superstructure side and the hull side (Please look at my screenshots). You have to know that the hull side is taken from the Kingfisher "modder's series" archive without any change. I will have to adjust it with the rest of the vehicule :rolleyes: (with the main gun mask too !)

I will also have to resize my optional "teddy bear" insigna, which is too small at this time. This little bear needs a little "stretching" lesson ;)

Another thing : I give up the drawing of a travel lock. It doesn't satisfy me enough to release it redface.gif I'm sorry.

Here is the complete updated list of the changes I did :

- 13260 (Bottom hull, side) : File taken from Kingfisher's "Modder's series" King Tiger. No changes. I didn't try to move the rear idler from its original position. As you surelly know, the Jagdtiger was longer than the KT and there was a larger space between the last roadwheel and this idler.

- 13261 (Bottom hull, deck) : File taken from Kingfisher's "Modder's series" King Tiger. I only made a little change by replacing the radiator's exhausts by the original BFC Jagdtiger's ones. I removed the ventilator clutch between driver and radio operator's hatches.

- 13262 (Gun mask, side) : Complete scratch

- 13263 (Gun mask, top) : same file as 13262, but with a 90° rotation angle. I also unabled the shadding effect.

- 13264 (Main gun) : Complete scratch, preserving the shading effect.

- 13265 (Bottom hull, front) : File taken from Kingfisher's "Modder's series" King Tiger. I only add the fixation rings of the travel lock, welded on the front glacis.

- 13266 (Bottom hull, back) : File taken from Kingfisher's "Modder's series" King Tiger. No changes.

- 13267 (Superstructure, front) : complete scratch. I add an optional "Teddy bear" insigna, as seen on a WW2 photo.

- 13268 (Superstructure, back) : complete scratch too. I will add two german crosses on it. On each sides of the hatch, as seen on many photos.

- 13269 (unidentified !) : complete scractch

- 13270 : (Schürzen) : File taken from Kingfisher's "Modder's series" King Tiger

- 13271 (unidentified !) : complete scractch

- 13272 (unidentified !) : complete scractch

- 13273 (Superstructure side) : I have added the possibility to have a third "column" of tracks. AFAIK, some late Jagdtiger had this device. Now, three options are possible : no track, two sets of tracks ot three.

- 13274 (Superstrucure deck) : Partially redrawn. I modified the shape of the gunner's periscope hole and the main hatch (the original hatches were based on the Jagdpanther). I have added some fixation rings, bolts and a serial number.

- 13275 (Superstrucure, ventilator exhaust) : done without any change.

At last, the screenies !

Deck :

wipjt01.jpg

Front :

wipjt02.jpg

Rear :

wipjt03.jpg

...and a "dunkelgelb" try !

wipjt04.jpg

I really hope to release this monster as soon as possible.