Shooting without Los

Can you give covering fire against an enemy without having los on it.

Yes, but not very effectivly, Its called AREA FIRE, You shoot at an area where you suspect an enemy unit might be,

It works with on map mortars and an HQ unit to spot for it/them,

There must be a clear line of comand from the HQ to the mortar, and the HQ MUST have LOS to the area being pounded

Otherwise its a huge waste of ammo, and a good way to get your own unit dead,

Originally posted by mav1:

Like you know were the enemy is,for example, you are hiding behind the wall and shoot in that direction without sticking your head up for los, to give supression fire.

Sounds like a grand waste of ammo. I wouldn't do it myself if I intended to lay suppressive fire on someone - you're not going to hit anything in this way...

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen_2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mav1:

Like you know were the enemy is,for example, you are hiding behind the wall and shoot in that direction without sticking your head up for los, to give supression fire.

Sounds like a grand waste of ammo. I wouldn't do it myself if I intended to lay suppressive fire on someone - you're not going to hit anything in this way... </font>

I was playing a snowing winter QB and I had sight of a Panther for a few secs shot at it then lost the LOS to it. However I targeted that spot for the next minute with my T34l85 while I ran another T34 to the rear of where the Panther was last sighted. After another 2 minutes my tank came up to an abandoned Panther. My opponent confirmed being hit and immobilized on the first hit but his crew panicked and abandoned their vehicle after the barrage of HE I sent.