Panzer Commanders hats

OK, this is an eccentric question:

A mate often jokes about how he'd love to have a panzer commander's hat to wear when he's deluding himself on CM.

It's a good idea to think ahead for Xmas, I think to myself. So..

Can anyone recommend where I'd look to find a panzer commander's hat? or (& even more eccentricly) does anyone know where I could find the sewing pattern for a panzer unterofficer feldmutze?

Originally posted by HarryInk:

OK, this is an eccentric question:

A mate often jokes about how he'd love to have a panzer commander's hat to wear when he's deluding himself on CM.

It's a good idea to think ahead for Xmas, I think to myself. So..

Can anyone recommend where I'd look to find a panzer commander's hat? or (& even more eccentricly) does anyone know where I could find the sewing pattern for a panzer unterofficer feldmutze?

I could send digital photos of mine (err...Panzer Pete's, I mean) if it would help any. Mine's a repro, though.

There are some uniform places out of Pakistan that make Third Reich militaria on the cheap.

Janke Tailors out of Germany used to do precision repros with fake wartime date stamps, top quality wool, etc.

There are a few options for you to pursue. Depends how much money you want to spend.

For decent repros try At the Front, or click on some re-enactment websites and follow the links for Vendors.