The CM Personals ( Or : Modders United? )

Willing MOD student seeks compassionate, patient MOD tutor! My ideal tutor will be knowledgeable and willing to help me learn Paint Shop Pro 5. I have Gordon's Mud Tutorial d/led but I am having trouble understanding all his instructions. I've e-mailed him about it, and hopefully he can help, but the more knowledge I soak up, the better. I really need help understanding the basics of modding with PSP 5, b/c I really know hardly anything about it. I'd like to have very detailed, step-by-step instructions. I know many people really like the weathered and dirty mods and I'd really like to be able to contribute in that way, but I'm not up to the task at moment. So, if anyone can and wants to help me a bit, that'd be great.

P.S. I have read PawBroon's site and have learned a little from it, but I am even less familiar with PhotoShop than with Paint Shop Pro... hehe.

[ July 29, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Herr Kruger ]

Try my site as i have rewritten Gordons tutorial in simple terms.

I think it may help you as i have written it from the perspective of a complete newbie.which is what i was about 8 months ago.its also written using PSP 5 in mind as thats what i used at the start.

A bump before bed. Is there anyone out there that has a lot of ready-to-go balkankreuzs, red stars, and any other common markings that they would be willing to share with me? I'll gladly give you credit in my notes if I ever actually release a mod. I'm really new to this modding so I have no idea if this request is silly b/c producing such items could be rather easy, lol. But perhaps tactical/division marking or slogans or not? Anybody have any tips?

Sincerely,

J Kruger

[ July 29, 2003, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Herr Kruger ]

on the tank hatches part you may find it easier just to drew an another line round the hatch with a darker colour.

Also try turning on the antialiasing tool when you use the line tool as this gives the impression of a slight shadow round the line.

If you look at the vision slit on the T37 front PSP file which you have downloaded you will see i have added a dark line round this to make it stand out more.

Compare it to the standard bfc bmp.(I take it you have backed it up.)

[ July 30, 2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: gautrek ]

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

A bump before bed. Is there anyone out there that has a lot of ready-to-go balkankreuzs, red stars, and any other common markings that they would be willing to share with me? I'll gladly give you credit in my notes if I ever actually release a mod. I'm really new to this modding so I have no idea if this request is silly b/c producing such items could be rather easy, lol. But perhaps tactical/division marking or slogans or not? Anybody have any tips?

Try Archers Transfers Catalogue - just click on the links at the top and you'll get to a list of transfer sheets, these take you to the individual sheets pics which you can grab and use as a starting point. There are some other sites that sell transfers for scale models which are quite useful, just do a Google search.

No credit necessary for this blatant advocation of copyright theft.

hth

LS