Top Gun: Best Off Field Artillery?

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

What's your favorite for the Allies and the Axis? What kind gives you the best bang per point in the quickest possible time?

Just to head-off the potential question i see coming,what are you going to be using it for?Do you mean in general,or for attack/defense/me?

For me,and i havent put alot of thought into this,but i never buy anything over 105mm(or the equivalent),and i tend to get the 105 and 75 with radios to help with the delay.It does depend on what im doing with it,if im assaulting i want alot of the really big stuff to soften up their defenses.If its a ME ill go will mostly small stuff,and try to get maybe one of each to account for various circumstances.The 81mm mortars for example are really good for smoke,you can drop a round of smoke,and still have some HE left over,plus it is fast in delievery.But again,someone will be along with much better answers than me,i just thought id help by getting you to add some details to your question.

smile.gif

Seriously,i know im under educated,but will i ever make a post that i dont have to edit,or spend hours writing to check for errors?Or am i anal? :D

[ February 27, 2003, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: nevermind ]

No, thanks for making it more specific. I just wanted to know in general which ones people tend to go for and for what reasons.

I did a search on this board but didn't come up with much that I found useful so I thought I would start a thread that would give the experts a chance to air their opinions.

- oh, and editing your message is being careful, not anal.

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

What's your favorite for the Allies and the Axis? What kind gives you the best bang per point in the quickest possible time?

My favourite for the Russians is the 120mm M1938 mortar.

On the other hand, my favourite for the Germans is the 12cm GrW 378® or GrW 42.

smile.gif

All the best,

John.

[ February 27, 2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: John D Salt ]