Combat Mission HQ

I think maybe CM Mod Database has been scooping the pool with mods, perhaps. Ah, fate musta smiled when she fried the HD!

However, scuttlebutt is that CMHQ is about to be blessed by the great CMBO CMMOS update of gigabyte proportions.... any day/week now.... soon....not long...it's such a big job...seriously....really big...you just wait....and anyway, all them in the know are doing the CMAK testing/writing/scenario building so they're distracted somewhat....but it's a coming I tell ya...coming REAL soon.

[ October 14, 2003, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: HarryInk ]

The CMMOS/CMBO revamp won't be hosted at CMHQ :-(

Their reasons make sense but it was a hard blow.

The revamp is about 1.4 Gig! With some 400 zip files, with a few more coming. I do have a problem in that I was originally assuming that CMHQ would host the work so in some cases I wasn't too concerned about the size of each mod, some of which are 20 meg in size. After all the original mods were that big. The problem is the interlinked nature of CMBO bmps, one bmp is used by several vehicles. The way the original CMMOS worked was also a problem. So in these cases I had to keep the files large since they were/are so interconnected.

I am working now on reducing the size of selected mods, did Azimurov's gridded terrain last for instance.

Right now CM Mod Database has offered to host the work.

Now this will replace ALL original CMMOS work. THere are all new rulesets. All new everything. Essentially you will have a newly loaded CMBO game and the mods take care of the rest.

I do believe you will be impressed with what I have created. I have everything I could find converted over. Darknight has resurrected his British 21st Army Group uniform mods for the project, he even has done the vehicles for the group.

There are so many new features I cannot list them all. Some are a pure wimsy, some you might hate, but you will like the results. I hope.

For instance Olle Petterson's Star Wars mod. Now it includes blaster sounds and uniforms for both British and German forces for some stormtrooper on stormtrooper combat.

The desert mod as well as the Pacific. Frontovik Russian front mod is there. In fact you can use the desert terrain, the Japanese from the Pacific, the Russians from Frontovik and have some 1939 Manchuria combat is desired. There are speech files for both the Japanese and Russian forces. There is also a file to return to the original sound files.

The layout of the British armor, by unit type. The layout of the American armor, by camo pattern. Files for summer and winter. German armor, some 20 different Tiger 1 mods, nearly that many Tiger II. The Panthers, all of Lucky Strike's mods are in there.

The allied uniforms include summer, cold weather, and winter snow options. There are MPs for the US Army, redressed airborne.

Terrain features are in there, some 8 or so different bunker/pillboxes. Magua's Ardennes mod along with the German 150th Brigade, a unit that wore US uniforms and used disquised German armor to appear as American (Panthers and StuGs). Clubfoot's Utah Beach, along with beach sounds. His French estate terrain mod.

There is more but I cannot remember them.

I am just waiting for CM Mod Database to get back up and I will send over the core of the work on CDs, about 4 I think. Some work I am still working on but I can upload them via the internet.

MikeT