Here we go again — it's the thread of Cheery Refreshing Waffling Monkeys

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

If Rune gets all the regular Wafflers a copy of CMAK - full version mind you - we promise not to post in the Peng thread for a year. Any Penguin reading this may want to mercilessly lobby Rune. :rolleyes:

I think that the only thing that matters is that we all get our copy before Soddball. tongue.gif:D </font>

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<big>Happy New Year, Cheery Waffle Maggots!! :D:D:D:D </big>

I sent an e-mail to MasterGoopdale last night to tell him about rune's generous offer. He's probably so wrapped up in chucking TNT in his new game that he doesn't look at e-mail any more. Not that he checked it very often when he was playing CMBB, either. :rolleyes:

I wonder if BFC would consider something like a 6-month embargo on the UK when CMAK becomes available, just for Soddball's benefit. That seems a reasonable penalty for someone who inflicted "Inferno", "Cheery Waffle 1", and "Cheery Waffle 2" on an unsuspecting gaming public. :D:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

I wonder if BFC would consider something like a 6-month embargo on the UK when CMAK becomes available, just for Soddball's benefit. That seems a reasonable penalty for someone who inflicted "Inferno", "Cheery Waffle 1", and "Cheery Waffle 2" on an unsuspecting gaming public. :D:D

I'll second that motion. :mad:

<big>Happy New Year, Cheery Waffle Maggots!! :D:D:D:D </big>

I sent an e-mail to MasterGoopdale last night to tell him about rune's generous offer. He's probably so wrapped up in chucking TNT in his new game that he doesn't look at e-mail any more. Not that he checked it very often when he was playing CMBB, either. :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe that it's been a year. It seems like at least two, considering how long MasterofallWeasels took to finish our game.

Originally posted by Soddball:

I find it hard to believe that it's been a year. It seems like at least two, considering how long MasterofallWeasels took to finish our game.

I agree with you, except to me it seems more like ten years. Playing PBEMs with MeunsterGoodale must have made the time seem to pass so slowly. Maybe the real problem is the 60 second turns in Combat Mission are so exciting and full of action that the rest of the time seems pretty empty by comparison. Somebody, and I can't remember whom, talked about war as something like 99 percent crushing boredom and 1 percent pure terror. Well, BFC has refined war down to the 1 percent, while eliminating the physical dangers and hardships. There's no way for real life to compare with the rush of a tank duel, or a human wave attack. :eek: :eek: :eek:

[ November 18, 2003, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

I agree with you, except to me it seems more like ten years. </font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Idjit Lawyer

Careful -- that's actionable. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

I agree with you, except to me it seems more like ten years. Playing PBEMs with MeunsterGoodale must have made the time seem to pass so slowly. Maybe the real problem is the 60 second turns in Combat Mission are so exciting and full of action that the rest of the time seems pretty empty by comparison. Somebody, and I can't remember whom, talked about war as something like 99 percent crushing boredom and 1 percent pure terror. Well, BFC has refined war down to the 1 percent, while eliminating the physical dangers and hardships. There's no way for real life to compare with the rush of a tank duel, or a human wave attack. :eek: :eek: :eek: </font>