Praise (and requests) for the new modder Dey--the daffy.

Hi all,

Just a note for all you guys looking for German winter mods for CMAK. The non-CMMOS winter mods from CMBB WILL work in CMAK. I've been playing the Ardennes-DeSobry op for CMAK with CMBB winret German mods installed for the last week now. I've been loading CMBB mods into it as I go and so far they've all worked.

Great work on the Axis minor mods Dey, been getting your stuff for the past couple of days and it's all good. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I should re-label this thread "The CMBB winter mod hotline"? Hey Dey, are you still intrepid enough to continue with some more mods? If so, one mod that I have been waiting for (for over six months) is the obscure MKIVG (early) CAMO, bmps # 113960-113975. This puppy appears in a GREAT op named "Third Battle of Kharkov". Problem is, everything else is outfitted in winter white except for these buggers which stick out like an eyesore in the snow covered streets. Any chance?

I did make a list of AFVs that still need winter white if you still have the enthusiasm. What stands out for me are no white ISU 152s, a few models of the SU85, and all of the JgPzIVs. I have gravitated back to CMBB (I like the contrast of alternating between Russian winter battles in CMBB and desert battles in CMAK).

Thanks again for your GREAT additions to the game!

I'm glad any of this stuff is useful to you and hopefully to a few others.

If you ever get a chance, I uploaded a couple of battles to the scenario depot maybe you could give them a try sometime and tell me if they are any good ?, or not !!. Just look for the DEY label.

I've uploaded the russian assult guns, su76i, captured stug3 and german jagdpanzer4's in whitewash form today.

"If you ever get a chance, I uploaded a couple of battles to the scenario depot maybe you could give them a try sometime and tell me if they are any good ?, or not !!. Just look for the DEY label."--Dey-the Daffy

You got it! Any of these battles use these new winter mods? Regardless, I'll give 'em a playing. So, are you going to continue? Still need a list or do you already have your checklist of wips?

:confused:

Regardless, you are making CMBB complete for all modsluts!

Yo junk2drive, it may quite some time before I have cmak. I can't believe that someone hasn't winterized the allied guns yet, maybe one of the graphic artist modder types would do those up for the cmak players. Why don't ya give it a shot yourself, ya likely would be better at it then me anyway.

Hey tooz, you could note a few more afv's that need something done, I'll see what I can do.

"Hey tooz, you could note a few more afv's that need something done, I'll see what I can do."--Dey

Dey, send me an email in order that I can provide some scenario feedback without spoilers.

As for the AFVs, here are some more:

RUSSIAN:

BA-64

BA-20

T-70 M43

M3 Scout Car

OT-134 (late, with late T-26 turret)

GERMANS:

Whirbelwind

Ostwind

Brummbar (late? one model is, the other isn't modded)

PSW 223

Stug IIIF 8

Trucks (late [yellow])

MkIIIN (all models)

Marder II

Lynx

Spw 251/10 (yellow)

Spw 351/2 (yellow)

After these guys are done, there may only be a few strays left.

So far the two scenarios look cool. I especially like the Finn T-26 duelling with the Russian Stuart. Good scenario to showcase some of your mods. smile.gif

Update: Foundthe MkIII M&N's and the Lynx at the 'Base(thanks Zimordok!). However, the others listed in the earlier post remain unmodded. What I finddifficult is to know what I really have and lack. The list is getting shorter, and I now spend more time on CMBB than on CMAK. Constant modding keeps this game fresh. All you "Mod Gods" are heroes to me. Thanks!

Oh I see it's just a few then, holy crap, glad I didn't ask ya to tell me all of them then.

I already told ya about the ot-134, I suggest ya look back to page one. There is a snowy brummbar over in the cmak area done by alexoscar, it's numbered the same for both bb and ak. Just do a search for 64640, also first check your bmp folder to see if you have that number, if not then that indeed will fix you up there.

It also seems to me that you are ignoring one of the games main strengths, take more control of the game and start using the SCENARIO EDITOR.

Take in this context where you want to check out the units ie: infantry, afv's, buildings etc. 1)Go into the scenario editor. 2)go into parameters set the year and ground condition okay your out of there. 3)go into unit editor pick whatever units you want see okay out of there. 4)go into map editor click preview and bam you see them.

You also would enjoy fighting battles that you make yourself much more then those bloody qb's. I have never made a qb yet and never will.

As far as these non winterized afv's, I'll see what I can do but it isn't going happen overnight.

"I already told ya about the ot-134, I suggest ya look back to page one...take more control of the game and start using the SCENARIO EDITOR."--Dey

Hmmm, I must have missed what you said about the OT (what post did you mention this?). I'll try the CMAK Brummbar as you suggest. Scenario Editor? Yeah, I have not dipped into this yet. Now that I am on summer vacation I will try to get some playtest reports to the Proving Grounds (Including your two submissions)and probably won't dip into editing--there are so many scenarios available now that I have stopped making QBs. The only way I can contribute something to the CM community is via playtesting (I should do something to help, and not just ask for more mods all of the time). Maybe review a few scenario for the Depot also. Mrs Tooz is none too fond of my gaming habit and I have to budget my time or else I'll have distress from my mistress! :eek: :(

Regardless, thanks for all you have done. I'll keep surfing the 'base and download and use all the work you submit. :cool:

Tooz you aren't listening to me, the best way to check what your infantry or tanks and such look like is to do what I suggest in my last post.

Say you want to see what you have or don't have in a winterized look for infantry or afv's, lets say the russian tanks for example, in say 1942.

Go into the Scenario editor then go into the Parameters set the ground condition to one of the snow options, then set the year to 1942, then okay your way through the parameters back to the scenario editor menu.

Next go into the unit editor and change the army to allied and click on armor and choose all the russian tanks, then click ok, which brings ya back to the scenario editor menu.

Next go into the map editor and click the preview button which takes you out into the map in real time 3d mode just like when your playing a game, this way you can see whatever units you've chosen in the unit editor.

Then you can check out what the units look like in winter or summer, in the above case in winter. You can check every single thing in the game this way. For buildings, trees, etc you just pick them in the map editor and place them on the map somewhere and click preview to go into the map in real time 3d mode and look them over.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dey, those revised Hungarian AFVs definitely look better than their predecessors. Did you find that new paint program you were looking for already?

One thing that amazes me about CMBB (unlike CMBO), despite its age the mods just keep this game fresh for me--I'm playing more BB than AK. It's the mods, man, it's because of these great new mods. :D :cool:

Hi Tooz, how goes the battle,(pun intended). I'm still using that photoline 32 graphic software that I've been using all this time, the painting aspects of this software are quite lacking. I just happened on a different method from trying to whitewash the romanian R1 tankette.

I 've used all the shareware out there and they are all timed out now. I can get paint shop pro in my area but it's about 250 bucks, and I just can't afford that right now.

But on the plus side for now anyway, I'll be able to blame my amateur work on the graphic software.

Dey, thanks to your mods the "battle"(s) are going just fine. AND the battles are mostly CMBB. Two years old and the game is still as fun as the day I bought it. In a few days check the Proving grounds for my AAR/playtest of your "Bear Mauled Wolfs". Hate to be pedantic bust shouldn't the title be "Bear Mauled WOLVES"? ;) AND, it sure would be MORE enjoyable if SOMEBODY ;) could do a T-70/M43 whitewashed version, along with the German Opel (Gelb). I have also started your "No Goulash for Ivan" battle. I have four PBEMs going right now (two each, BB and AK), and if you want, you can send me a set up for eithe of these two designs of yours. I think "Bear Mauled Wolfs" will be better as a two-player due to the well known inability of the AI to launch a decent attack.