Praise (and requests) for the new modder Dey--the daffy.

I find your new winterized mods VERY useful. I still play CMBB as often as CMAK and lament that there are so many winter mods still needed.

Since I cannot mod myself (little time and even less intelligence) all I can do is offer my praise and assistance (testing) if you have any WIP.

Anyone else out there using these new mods? I do a lot of QB with the Axis Minors and these mods are perfect!

Very good work! I'll gratefully download any use any additional mods you make!

Just got the Finn Mark IV--great! How much more will you do? If I can help in any way, let me know. Perhaps I can go through the mods (I THINK I have them all) and tell you what vehicles have not been winterized.

I want to help out somehow. Great work!

Sorry for my late response I don't come here that often. Thank you for your kind words and offer of help, but there is really no big deal here.

What Im doing is very elementary stuff, I'm no graphic artist and on top of that I'm just using a very limit capable shareware program called photoline 32.

I like to see all the axis minor stuff in some form of a winterized look.

"I'm currently playing a winter battle and those T-26, BT-7, and others lights tanks and tankettes ... there are almost no winter schemes for them !!!"--Von Paulus

Hear hear! There are many early war Russian tanks without whitewashing. Almost all of the BTs, T-26s, early T-34's(!), the KV 152 gun monster, the little T-38s, and some other obscure vehicles. I have been yearning for these for two years!

I think all that remains for the Hungarians are the Toldi tanks.

Your work has been a pure joy!

I think von paulus was referring to axis minor captured russian light armour. Which I'd like to see in some winterized state of some kind.

Tooz what version of cmbb do you have?, it must be battlefronts. The cdv version already comes with much of what you pointed out on the mod disk. But it's in cmmos form of course. I could upload the russian tank mod pack in non commos form but it would be about a 40 megabyte file.

Dey :

I think von paulus was referring to axis minor captured russian light armour

--> No ! I was talking about that because I'm currently playing two battles taking place in december 1941 and january 1942.

The soviets still use a lot of T-26 and BT-7 (and even tankettes)

By the way I agree with tooz.

Paulus

Ps : Tooz if you search well I think you can find winterized versions of all hungarians tanks. Proofs : I got them !!! smile.gif

I'm still a little confused by you last reply von paulus, what your stating is you don't have and can't find ww light russian armour.

I just dumped all of the bmps from gorden moleks ww russian tank pack into a fresh original bmp folder and fired up cmbb. Every tank is here execpt the bt2 and bt5a/7a.

If cmmods gets back on line today I'll upload this in non cmmos form overnight( only 28k connection here ). But be advised it will likely be more than the 40mb's, I first guessed at.

It would just be to much work to go in there and try to prune out this tank or that tank.

Dey, I gave up on CMMOS--STILL cannot get it to work properly (which must be something I am doing wrong). I'll recheck those winter mods you mentioned. I would be surprised if I did NOT download any of these when they came out--I do surf CMMODS daily.

Thanks for all of your work.

Just rechecked the base, still could not find the T-26s, KV2, T34/40 and others, plus most of those other little guys. I guess my lack of being able to CMMOS is my problem. Oh well. If you can UN-CMMOS those missing tanks, then that's my savior!

Tooz I just uploaded the tankettes. I wasn't able to upload that big tank pack, so I had to go into it and fish out each individual tank. I'd be willing to bet you don't have the american built or captured german tanks in some winterized form either.

Maybe what you could do is take a look after you downloaded the tankettes and tell me what you still have left on the russian side that isn't in some form of a winterized look. My guess is that there would be many others in your same predicament.

"zimorodok's rustwerks series has the ww lend lease and some others"--junk2drive

Yep, good ol' Zimordok (where are you? retired? burnt?)did many of these and I have his designs--loved the rust.

Dey, I am checking off the tanks as you mod them--you are a true blessing for me and I hope others appreciate your efforts.

Then shall we look at the Germans?

redface.gif

Here's the Russian AFVs that are not available (except for CMMOS?):

OT 134 (with the later version T-26 turret)

T-34 M41 (!)

T-34/85 M43

BT5A

BT-7

BT-7A

BT-7M

BA-20

BA-64B

T-70 M43

M3 SCOUT CAR

CHURCHILL III

ISU 152

SU-85

SU-76M

There are also numerous German AFVs... redface.gif;)

I reuploaded the t26 pack with the ot-134 tank included this time, if your zip is smaller then 7meg, you have the first zip without it.

As far as I can tell no has ever put the bt5a-7a and churchill in any kind of a winterized form, I may have a try at sometime.

What about the kv-85, kv1-m41, kv-8 flame and the bt-5.

"As far as I can tell no has ever put the bt5a-7a and churchill in any kind of a winterized form, I may have a try at sometime.

What about the kv-85, kv1-m41, kv-8 flame and the bt-5."---Dey

Any effort on your part will be appreciated. I just love the white winter camo--which I sort of miss in CMAK (which is why I play mainly desert battles, Bulge scenarios just don't "feel" the same without everybody and everything draped in white).

I'll check on these tonight. I have tried to create QBs for all five years--both sides. I am rather amazed about how many German AFVs have been skipped. One winter mod that always has eluded me was the MkIVG Yellow. I am playing a great Kharkov op with everything modded except for this yellow (camoflauged now) tank. Its bmps are somewhere around 130...

Thanks again!