Any modder working on halftrack winter yellows?

There seem to be number of German yellow light vehicles that have not yet seen the white paint brush of our winter modders. If memory serves, this list includes at least the following vehicles: SK 250/9, 251/1, 251/9, 251/16, 251/17 and SD KFZ 10/4.

Is anyone working on any of these mods? Have i missed one that is already out there. Thanks!

Any and all Grey Halftrack mods can be "ported" over to a yellow winter mod by the addition of a "1" in front of the .bmp number. Many grey tank mods can be ported over to post-1943 this way as well.

Canon has done some wonderful mods for the SPW 251/1 in grey, simply add 100000 to the bitmap number and they will be for your yellow halftracks.

Zimorodok

Not to dump a bucket of cold water on you or anything, but the early and late German halftracks--both 251 and 250 series--have different 3D models, as the vehicles bore many differences in real life. You could port the BMPs over but they wouldn't look good.

The exception to this is with the CMBO "legacy" vehicles like the 250/9, 251/9, and 251/16, which are just gray and yellow versions of the same vehicle. Porting those would work ok.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Not to dump a bucket of cold water on you or anything, but the early and late German halftracks--both 251 and 250 series--have different 3D models, as the vehicles bore many differences in real life.

*splash*

Oh they do? redface.gif uh-oh. Ok everybody, I take back what I said. I'll be working on this mod then next week, as penance.

*drip* Zimorodok *drip*

Thanks to all for your responses and most of all promise for new mods! The conversion suggested worked for the SK 251/9, but not the 251/1. In light of Andrew's input, that may not be such a bad thing.

Add to the original list of missing late war (yellow) winter mods are the following: SK 250/7, 250/8, 251/2, 251/10, 251/21 & 251/22 and SD KFZ 6/2, 7, 7/1, 7/2 & 10/4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to smite you Bogdan! ;) You and your bloody Zimmerit!

here's the WIP for right now. This is a 251/1 based completely on AndrewTF's WONDERFUL From-Scratch SPW 251/1 mod:

wip_251_afox.jpg

I'm not "done" yet, but I'm close. I haven't figured out what to do for the tracks yet, and the white/snow effect is a little too white for me.

Zimorodok

Thanks for the needed addition, Zimorodok! I look forward to the final version and downloading it from the Mod Site, when she's back-up.

Thanks also to Gautek for temporarily posting his new mods for downloading on his own site. We do not have to go 100% cold turkey!