The Hotseat !

I have a computer-less friend over once in a while to play a hotseat game or two.

We call it the the Sweat Seat because he gets nervous when I smack him around on the battlefield.

Hot seat is fun, but it's agony to wait for someone else to plot their turns or to hear them curse from the other room as you hear your arty come down.

• 2 weeks later...

I play my neighbor in hotseat mode a couple times a month. He is 77 and has bone cancer :( and doesnt get out much.. Took me a few times to show him how to play the basics. (he is a former 1st Infantry Division Corporal) He has the desire and is turning into a pretty good player. I could see where it could be fun against a challenging opponent. But for my friend it is good therapy, its about the only time he smiles (especially when he takes out one of my AFV's).. Plus he smiles during the glasses of fine german brandy between the turns. smile.gif .

As for any other friends "all vitural" isnt that right GJK :cool:

Originally posted by Fredrock1957:

I play my neighbor in hotseat mode a couple times a month. He is 77 and has bone cancer

Wow! 77 and playing games! He's a cool man.

Give my best regards to him from somewhat cold (the temperature is -8C now) Finland and tell him also to keep up the positive mood - it helps.

I salute also you Fredrock1957, you do a good job.

Originally posted by Kaiser Soze 71:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fredrock1957:

I play my neighbor in hotseat mode a couple times a month. He is 77 and has bone cancer

Wow! 77 and playing games! He's a cool man.

Give my best regards to him from somewhat cold (the temperature is -8C now) Finland and tell him also to keep up the positive mood - it helps.

I salute also you Fredrock1957, you do a good job. </font>

Hallo lads !

To mister Cookie Monster : playing stradegy games alone isn´´t that stupid . I used to play tabltop games against myself so i knew all tactics that could be used...so i won against most of my opponents .

To the neighbour of the 77 year old CM player : my best regards to you and him . Are you from germany or austria ? By the way , we use to drink lots of beer when playing Hotseat games , so the more turns a battle has , the more violent our orders become....forward men ! close combat ! etc etc....

Oi Oi Your lovely Skolman !!!