Map que?

I have made some maps and once and then i get a good map but i want to switch the direction it will be fought @ instead of fighting from west to east i want to have the fight from south to north.

The the problem occures.

symptoms:

Troups dont start in a line a long side with the setup zoons.

Then troops get routed they run sideways to old (original) setup zones, instead of back to the new zones.

The troops exit to sides of the map and dissapears out like they do if u pull them back to the edge of the original setup zone.

ive tried to change the parameters afterwards but it doesnt seem to have any effect.

someone know what ive done wrong?

This might have been discusted b4 but i couldent find it :-( and i rather spend time makeing maps then reading tons of old post. :) so i hope for a nice person to help me :)

tnx in adv :)

ohh i forgot to say:

i use map in a que battle.

i have changed the setup zones on the map.

still units exit out sideways and start in the wrong way and they rout sideways. Off board arty spread is also wrong lands like the of board arty was still in the side (old setup zones) instead of behind the units. so the spread lands like this - instead like this | , if u understand me :).

[ July 28, 2003, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: d34dm34t ]

In the parameters section of the scenario editor, you can select the direction of the attack , i guess you allready changed those ??

You can select East-West and North South attacks.

After changing the setupzones, you should have no problems al all.

Monty

If u want to use different setup zones for a map, its best to change it in the parameters settings

BEFORE taking a look at units u have bought on the map.

If u have taken a look first they will all stay where u have seen them first, u will handly have to drag them to the new setup edge.

But when just buying units after setting the setup zones it will all be ok.

Oh but if u safe your game after u changed say from west setupzone to a south setup zone, all units will be setup in the south zone the next time you will load the game even if u allready looked at the map. So that might help allso. (i hope im right on this one, i cant check atm)

U can allso make setup zones for instance in the middle of a map, but the computer will keep putting the units closest to their friendly edge allways.

So if u dont want the units near the edge nomore youll have to take away that zone and just leave the middle one, else you will have to do it all yourself again.

[ July 28, 2003, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: theike ]

Originally posted by Monty:

In the parameters section of the scenario editor, you can select the direction of the attack

Monty

Were do i change that? i cant find it?

i have change map edges are frindly to if that is what u mean? i cant find were to set the direction of attack? im in the senario editor not the campain editor?

Ok i will clarify it all a bit:

i Made a map to be used for quick battles. When i was almost finished i changed all setupzones. to north south instead of west east, then i changed friendly edges to be correct.

Note: i havent placed any units on the map. cause it was suposed to be a QB map.

Then i load the map as a QB ME 1500 pts and the then when i play i get the strange edge / routed ai / arty spread behaiviour.

Is it a bug in this feature?

Yes, you can set the attack direction at:

Map edges friendly to:

Change west and east to neutral, north and south to axis and allied.

If you still have problems after this change,i cant help you.

Bug? Maybe :confused:

Can anybody else help ??

Monty

[ July 28, 2003, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Monty ]