I bought it ! I bought it !

I just had to tell somebody. I finally bought CMBB. Yep, I did only moments ago. I am as excited as when I first bought CMBO years ago, well almost but am really looking forward to it. Sorry, just couldn't keep it to myself. Please, carry on. :D

I too am holding out -- for the SE later this year! I know I was rather disappointed with the CMBO:SE (on account of the "do-it-yourself" graphical improvements), but now that my expectations are lowered, I look forward to purchasing the retail -- and expanded -- version of CMBB late summer/early fall.

BTW, $40 ain't bad for such a great game! That's my own personal ceiling for such purchases, which amount I shell out extremely rarely, but with the CM series it just feels so worth it all to me. I'm also looking forward to a CMAK:SE already!

Lee? Et tu? Egad. But...Why? Why can't we all just...get CMBO?

Getting awfully lonely in the trenches here, rather come to think of the Kurt Weil "cannonsong". You know:

"Johnnie is a write-off and Jimmy is dead,

And Georgie was shot for looting"

Yeah well I'm still here and I ain't yielding an inch. No CMBB across the bridge, Il ne passeront pas! No Pasaran! :D

Lee,

Basically I feel I already have CM, and so am now waiting for the release of the new engine.

Its not that I hate add-ons as such. But CM:BB is Eastern Front, which is not a place I really want to go. I'm German. I'm a natural Francophile, harbouring oceans of unanswered, frustrated love and admiration. I need to - really must - go there and conquer French villages by brute force every once in a while, to compensate this torturing feeling of rejection and inadequacy. If I can't have her, noone will! ;)

Also, and probably most important, I'm part of CM:BO. The BTS used an open process, inviting everyone to participate. The CM:BB is just a game off the shelf to me.

But don't worry Lee, I'll remember to put the light out before I leave, as I'll be the last one to go... Don't worry about me, just leave me here... I'll be fine... Promise... you move on to more interesting things, its no problem, wouldn't want to bore anyone... I'll just...guess I'll just be around here for a while... reading through the old posts, from when people played CM:BO... *sigh*... those were the days...*sob* *sob*

Ah yes and Martin - is that patch fixing machineguns and optics for CMBO available yet? ;)

Cheerio

Dandelion

Quote from Dandelion:

I need to - really must - go there and conquer French villages by brute force every once in a while, to compensate this torturing feeling of rejection and inadequacy. If I can't have her, noone will!

OK Dandelion now quit it. You are really scaring me. :D Well as you are an all right guy in my books and quite interesting and helpful I will pop over on occasion and visit you. :D I can just see it now. You will ask a question and then come back later and answer it yourself or perhaps yor're get another name when you are anwering yourself. tongue.gifsmile.gif We might even see the day that BFC asks you to stop posting as they are trying to shut down the CMBO forum for lack of participation. :D

lcm1947

We might even see the day that BFC asks you to stop posting as they are trying to shut down the CMBO forum for lack of participation.

WHAT!!!!!!! ...and where would an old Modder go then to post new pix of some neglected tanks and thingies?

SHAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME on you Lee for ~EVEN having the thought cross your mind :D

Regards

Måkjager

BTW Dandelion .....you will be getting a nice M-24 as a reward for Holding Up the CMBO forum on your shoulders ... but....just not yet ;)

Dandelion,

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I, too, am holding out. Maybe it's because I'm a historian by trade and thus tend to think older things are inherently more interesting? Anyway, if you feel like a PBEM and can tolerate one turn/day, I'd welcome a game. My e-mail is in the profile.