Installing Mod's

I am currently using cmmos{I wish more mod's were made cmmos compatable,I guess it's more difficult}so I would like to know how to install and run the mod's posted at the database.Do they go directly into the bmp file and if so do they overwrite the default bfc bmp's?If this is the case are the default bfc bmp's in cmmos changed to these mod's so if I switch from say canon's dusty pz38t to the bfc default one will it be the mod I installed from cmmod's?

No not a dumb question at all. You should see some of mine but anyway to answer your question. Now I don't use CMMO so can't answer that but as far as just using regular mods then yes just d/l mods into a folder of your choice maybe named Zipped Mods and then unzip them to look at and then copy them over into your Bmp folder. They will replace your previous ones. So enjoy and yeah it's a shame that not all the mods out there are set up for CMMO and that's the main reason I don't use it. There are just so many outstanding mods out there I prefer over some in CMMO.

One more thing on installing mods,some of the mods I noticed after you unzip the BMPs into the BMP folder Of CMBB or CMBO, don't actually install, What I mean is they will put themselves into a subfolder, so what you have to do is go back and look for the sub folder which will also have the mods name, then open the folder, copy then cut the bmps and paste them into the BMP folder I found this out when I installed some of Cannons winter mods and noticed they weren't in the game, so when I went back to check my CMBB program I noticed there were a crap load of sub folders. I don't know if this happens with 96se, but on XP home it has.

Another neat thing I always do is this: when installing regular mods I use the 'ACDsee' picture viewer. With it, when you attempt to copy a BMP to a place that already contains a file with the same name, it will display both of them in a single window, scrollable and zoomable. A great way (though not as great as actually seeing them in-game) to check whether you really like the new mod over any old one, or the original.

Originally posted by tracer:

One more thing on installing mods,some of the mods I noticed after you unzip the BMPs into the BMP folder Of CMBB or CMBO, don't actually install, What I mean is they will put themselves into a subfolder,

Tracer, this happens when one zips an entire directory as opposed to zipping only the actual files. I agree it's rather irritating at times, but then I first unzip mods in a special mod_temp folder, after which I use the method descibed in my post above.

Thank's for the replies.I alway's d/l into what I call a download's folder then unzip and cut and paste into whatever folder the file is going into.So I guess to be safe I should copy my existing bmp folder then insert the new files into the game.Thank's again...a downloading I shall gooo :D

That's what I do. I download the mod into a temporary folder ( ie. " CMBB MOD TEMP " ). I back up the original ( usually call it " CMBB stock... " or " CMBB default... " ). Then I paste this into my " CMBB MOD TEMP " folder. That way I've got the original if I ever want to go back to it ( this rarely happens though ).

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

I'm pretty sure you're another Mac guy. I miss the 'compare' element of the ol' MacModMgr. Sounds like this does that for you. Is that right, & if so do you know where I can find it?

Mchlstrt, actually, I'm not (a Mac user, that is). But if I get you right, the MacModMgr used to have that feature.

The program I mentioned is an image viewer called ACDsee. I just checked for you and it turns out there's also a Mac version. Go download the trial version here . It should cover all your 'comparing' needs.

good luck!