Unable to schedule a bombardment in turn 1.

Anyone ever encounter this? Turn 1 of a PBEM Meeting Engagement and I can not set up a pre-arranged bombardment. I can set up a fire mission but the familier "unable to adjust later" message doesn't show up. Further, the delay of the fire mission is similar to a non-first-turn mission.

Anyone know if there's a rule stating "no pre-arranged bombardments in a Meeting Engagement?" My opponent will be very disappointed ;)

Thanks

Originally posted by Claw:

Anyone know if there's a rule stating "no pre-arranged bombardments in a Meeting Engagement?" My opponent will be very disappointed ;)

Thanks

iirc that's exactly what it is- a meeting engagement does not allow pre-planned strikes, presumably because info on the terrain was not available to the arty guys as it would have been in a fixed-frontlines-situation.

Anyone ever encounter this? Turn 1 of a PBEM Meeting Engagement and I can not set up a pre-arranged bombardment. I can set up a fire mission but the familier "unable to adjust later" message doesn't show up. Further, the delay of the fire mission is similar to a non-first-turn mission.

Thanks

I think the game comes with a manual...

;)

Hey V - Yes the game does come with a manual. If you bothered to look, you wouldn't see my question directly referenced.

I've seen many posts you've made. Do you have anything to offer but sarcasm and worthless comments?

Have a nice day.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Planned artillery strikes (the kind you set on turn 1 which can

arrive immediately) are not allowed in meeting engagements.

p.129

:rolleyes:

Strange I just checked the Manual that came with the pre-order of my mac version from battlefront and there is no such mention on Page 129, infact pre-planned bombardments is on page 132. I checked the manual from my PC CDV Special edition and on page 125 there is no mention either....

Hey V - Yes the game does come with a manual. If you bothered to look, you wouldn't see my question directly referenced.

I've seen many posts you've made. Do you have anything to offer but sarcasm and worthless comments?

Have a nice day.

I dont have much more to offer.

And yes, I did bother to look and it is in my manual.

Sorry, but I know too many people have pirated the game and then come here asking questions because they dont have a manual.

So, excuse me for being skeptical.

smile.gif

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

p.129

Strange I just checked the Manual that came with the pre-order of my mac version from battlefront and there is no such mention on Page 129, infact pre-planned bombardments is on page 132. I checked the manual from my PC CDV Special edition and on page 125 there is no mention either.... </font>

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

p.129

Strange I just checked the Manual that came with the pre-order of my mac version from battlefront and there is no such mention on Page 129, infact pre-planned bombardments is on page 132. I checked the manual from my PC CDV Special edition and on page 125 there is no mention either.... </font>