Russian Machine gun halftrack.! The BEST!

Originally posted by redwolf:

I think you mean the Brummbaer, not the Sturmtiger.

But then - "missed" is relative smile.gif

Relativity at work, I meant Sturmtiger. smile.gif

But Brummbär would have been right up there too..

Maus and PantherII still remain... :rolleyes:

About the M16's thin armor, I talked to an old Pacific jungle fighter who recalled those things were used to defend against airfield attacks from Zeroes. He said the crews tended to remove the gunner's armor 'shell' because even a rifle round could enter the thin (8mm?) armor and rattle around, causing ghastly wounds to the poor gunner. They figured without the armor you'd just get one hole through you, not get sliced-&-diced.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

The German AAMG HT is the 251/21.

It mounts 3 13 or 15mm MGs (can't remember which) and also a regular MG.

It eats up ammo like no other gun and is quite vunerable to ATR fire. But it's fun in close terrain or at night.

I remember a match where I was defending against an Axis attack as Soviet infantry. I had placed a plaoon of troops on the edge of a large patch of forest, the side that faces my end of the map. My opponent snuck it's own infantry to the forest edge, and miraculously failed to notice the hiding troops in front of him.

The Germans fired of the foreheads of my brave platoon for several turns, before they managed to spot my forces. I could've handled the close combat, but sadly my opponent brought that 251/21 to the fray: three squads of infantry were chopped to shreds in thirty seconds. :eek: