Crimean Rocks - More Operation Störfang previews...

Thanks for the 'mention in dispatches' ! smile.gif

Just completed battle 3 of A2. Very hard fighting amongst this broken, rocky and hilly terrain. Ammunition becomes a real factor when trying to 'root-out' the enemy amongst this territory and over 40 turns. Not sure wether increasing the ammo loadouts would be realistic ? but i would say by turn 30 over 75% of my force was out of ammo...not good when the Russians decided to launch a late counter-attack against my weary depleted troops ! The rocks provide excellent cover to a defending force, arty seemed to be the only effective way of neutralising them and unfortunately the heavy railway guns take a long time to target onto them (14 minutes!). These battles certainly test your battle 'mettle'.

Salute !

Originally posted by JaegerMeister:

Not sure wether increasing the ammo loadouts would be realistic ?

It's depending in what area you're in. A2 in that case is sited beneath the Charnaja river. The resupply line runs all the way round Sevastopol through some mountainous area. Too much ammunition supply won't be that realistic.

<HR>

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

Could you give us any idea of how far you are on those graphics mods you are going to release with the next operation?

10%, 50%, 90% or what?

also i hope you will release them separately since i dont really have the patience to play operations nowadays (well... more like i dont have the time)

Gee, you're anxious... I'm 70% done with them. But I'll upload the mods to CMMODS only after the release of the new Operation. I don't have a release date yet, so I think you'll have to have a little patience. It's not only some mods I'm working on, I also need to develop applications, scenario's, installation programs, etc...

Developing a perfect working campaign-system does take some time. Can't effort to leave some bugs here... I can imagine the faces if something goes wrong (-> :mad: ).

I'm also worried about the webspace and datatransfer with my current host for eichenbaum.org It looks like it's gonna be a installation package of ca. 25MB

We have to find a 'low-cost' solution before the release comes out.

well i guess i can wait... but i live by the creed "he who waits for something good ALWAYS waits too long!"

but i have patience...

i love playing sniper in online games (well i did before) and learnt some patience from there... ive waited for over four hours more than once just to get a good shot...

aaah those were the days... :cool:

i love playing sniper in online games (well i did before) and learnt some patience from there... ive waited for over four hours more than once just to get a good shot...

aaah those were the days... :cool:

Aah yes... the old days. Did you played "Hidden and Dangerous" to ? I remember playing it with LAN, together with my brother. One of the few (cool) games where you can play 'with' each other instead of 'against' each other. Sniping was crucial in the game to succeed. But that was always my brother's job. After firing one shot with his German Sniper Rifle I had to back 'm up many times with a Browning Machine Gun (Cal .30) because the Krauts were alarmed and rushed in large numbers towards us...

----

Anyway, I don't know if we manage it to release Operation Störfang (v2) before CMAK comes out. If CMAK does come out I guess most of the CM players won't be that anxious for Störfang anyway. We'll see... we'll see...

Of coarse you can offer your self as a tester for Störfang, then you'll have the BMP's much sooner then others, but you said it your self, you don't have the time... :rolleyes:

well i never did play H&D in LAN... just single player... but i played sniper in the old delta force game and other such games...

I for one will most definately keep playing CMBB after CMAK is released... and i think alot of others will too... since the differance isnt as revolutionary as it was between BO and BB there are alot of us die-hard eastern front fans that will keep on playing CMBB... especially with such well designed operations as Störfang around ;)

I for one will most definately keep playing CMBB after CMAK is released... and i think alot of others will too... since the differance isnt as revolutionary as it was between BO and BB there are alot of us die-hard eastern front fans that will keep on playing CMBB... especially with such well designed operations as Störfang around ;)

Well thanks for the cheering... I hope it's true about the 'hard-core' Eastern-front fans... smile.gif

He Niels,

did i understand that you think that we will not play storfang anymore when cmak comes out,

then you are wrong i love your operation en want to play till i reach the coast.

So please continue and i want to help you test it too

your operation is still the best ive ever seen or played

laterz

maus_td