McMMM for Dummies

SBP,

I just started using MCMM I have added about 5 mods. I have to copy or move the zip mod file to the MCMM Folder then I can unzip it and look at bmps. then look around and you will find add mod box. I belive the only time you would change a

BMP name is to rename it to the orignial file name. Say you had a bmp number 1110.bmp and you had a 1110.bmpA or B file And you like the 1110A file you would rename the orignial to something like 1110.bmporg. and change the name of the 1110-A to 1110.bmp. Am I confusing you. smile.gif

But the main thing if found was I had to move the mod zip to the MCMM Folder for it to work for me. smile.gif

Lane smile.gif

Lane,

Thank-you so much for taking time to respond. You are quite right about WHY I would change a file. Unfortunately, I don't think the McMMM folder is the answer. :( You see, you can set up McMMM to load files from any folder so long as they are zipped properly (I've been using it for a long time and have about a bizillion mods loaded), and I suspect that is where the problem lies. I think McMMM wants the files zipped a certain way. Any other thoughts, anyone?

If I understand your question, you need to uninstall that particular mod in McMMM, then copy the zip folder. Delete the mod (so the zip is no longer in the Mod folder).

Paste the zip on the desktop and make whatever changes to the bmps you would like, then drop that zip back in the Mod folder. Then add it as a new mod and install it.

I am learning about MCMMM. smile.gif Were is the mod folder you ref to in the above post? :confused:

I download a mod to a new folder on desk top.

unzip it and look at bmps and readme.

You are right it should unzip the mod in the target folder. Some how? I just could not get the path set up correct.

Is the a way to get rid of all those uninstalled

mod's the one's with the check box's I have 31 uninstalled mod's some of them are Mack PC files?

Its a mess. have 8 installed ok. don't known how I got so many uninstalled mod's?

Thank's for any info

PS when you get 69 yrs old you get confusted easy. smile.gif

Lane smile.gif