Light Snow MODS

I have a few comments. Here is the disclaimer in the readme of my mods.

This mod is released for free in-game use to the Combat Mission community. Alteration or modification to any of the files contained here-in, or posting of this mod pack for download is expressly prohibited unless prior permission is obtained.

You not only didn't ask my permission, but you released some of my work unchanged. You then give people permission to freely modify what is actually mine.

I hope you consider removing my work from CMMODS, and in the future, please ask if you want to release mods based on mine. Thanks.

Tanks a Lot & Juju

Sorry guys, I misinterpreted the disclaimer from your MODS. I have e-mailed each of you separately, & will have the offending MODS removed until clarification (& permission) is reached.

Just trying to offere my 2 pence worth back to the community.

• 2 weeks later...

A small clarification regarding these MODS:-

1. Tanks a Lot & Juju were absolutely correct in defending their work.

2. That said, once I asked for their permission, they were very supportive in their responses & advice.

- important lesson -

Always take the trouble to ask permission, even if you think the "disclaimer" in the original readme gives you permission

3. Regarding the mods that I have uploaded on CMMODS now. Either I have contacted the original artist for their blessing before posting the mod, or it's a mod derived from the game's original artwork, or is a completely original piece of work.

It's not a "permission thing", the authors just want to be consulted if somebody is using their work as a base on which to mod.

uncle, along similar lines of thought:

i saw your mod, dl'd and installed in cmak. looked good to me. it solved my confusion with the ardennes mod. waited for you to post something. debated whether it is proper to post for you. wondered if you were not coming here anymore. i did not want to upset anyone. imo mods that make the game look better, inspire scen designers to make new battles. i wanted those people too see a pic and to let people know they work in cmak too.

thanks again for the mod