Grogs; question on fate of the Polish 7TP tanks?

In link below the author states they were 'absorbed" into the German Panzer Divsions???

comments

The recently-designed 7TP "czolg lekki", or light tank, the first in the world to be designed with a diesel engine, proved to be superior to German tanks of the same class (the PzKpfw I and II) inflicting serious damage to the German forces, limited only by the fact that they were not used in concentrated groups. They were absorbed by the Germans into their own Panzer divisions at the end of the campaign.

http://www.kasprzyk.demon.co.uk/www/WW2.html

Guest konrad

Crew -3

Engine -Armstrong Siddley Puma 91.5 hp air cooled, or Swiss Sauer VBLDb 110 to 115 hp water cooled. Using the Sauer made the 7TP the worlds first diesel powered production tank.

Weight -(battle) 11+ U.S. tons, 9.9 metric tons

Speed -22.98 mph

Range- 150km (road) 130km (cross country)

Communications- 7TPjw came equipped with N2C (range 5 km)

Armament- 7TPdw had 2 x Browning 7.92mm MGs. 7TPjw had 1 x 37mm Bofors and 1 x Browning 7.92mm MG.

Height -6.61'

Width- 7.55'

Length -14.96'

Armor 5 - 18mm. Up to 40 mm (late models).

Power to Weight- 11.1 bhp/ton

Track Ground Pressure -0.6kg/cm

Mainly used by the 10th Mechanized Brigade against the German 4th Panzer Division's advance on Krakow.

"In September of 1939, Polish Army had only 136 7TPs (24 dw, 97 jw and 11 jw produced in September of 1939 along with 4 prototypes made of regular plate), which equipped two Polish light tank battalions (each with 49 tanks) and other units. During Polish Campaign, 7TP proved to be a match for any German Panzer. Some captured 7TPs were painted in Panzergrau with German markings and were presented during the victory parade in Warsaw on October 8, 1939. Later on captured 7TPs were used for internal policing duties and later on as artillery tractors. Number of captured 7TP tanks, especially jw variants was tested by the Soviets at Kubinka in 1939/40." link

sz7tp.jpg

Originally posted by John Kettler:

That's Steve Zaloga's model. It and other model wonders he did are in the galleries at www.missing-lynx.com

Thanks for the data and links! Will share them with a fan of Polish armor I know.

Regards,

John Kettler

Thanks very much for the link John. Has anyone here ever met Steve Zaloga? I've seen thousands of pictures from the Second World War and Zaloga has managed to give me some sense of "being there" with his -- I hate to call them this -- models. The combination of models, facial expresions, detail and the backgrounds are fantastic!

I think back to my horror stories of trying to build models when I was a teen. *shudder*

Again, thanks for the link and introducing me to his work!

Cheers,

Jason