*MOD- WIP* - Jagdpanzer IV - PzIV70

Sir's i have noticed recently and in the past some complaints in regards to the "stock" Jagdpanzer IV texture that comes with CMBB.

This "stock" texture has been described variously as "too bright" and "flourcent mold"

Well..i do apologise for assaulting your eyes with it as i was the original maker of that particular texture. It is in fact nearly 3 years old now and it was my 2nd EVER mod that was made on a iddy biddy iMac with all of 6MB of video RAM and a distinct lack of knowledge of just "how" bright it was due to it being made and viewed with CMBO original bright stock terrain textures.....hence it sticking out like a sore thumb in the more subdued CMBB terrain textures. :eek:

In an effort to try stop BFC ;) losing potential customer's over this i have spent the last week ( read 90+ hours of my free time) making a new replacement texture that i hope people will find more agreeable.

There is still a lot of work to be done on it...completion of the track work , trying to find a "fix" for how the rear idler wheel maps onto the side of the exhaust , new exhaust , shading , zimmerit , cammo , weathering , unit insignia etc.

I have paid a lot of attention to details.....all of it is 100% scratch built and its a portent of things to come :eek:

Below is a link that will let you have a look at her as she is now smile.gif

web page

I am taking a break for a few days as i need a rest and time to recharge my "Modmaking Batteries."

ETA..when is ready tongue.gif

Best regards

Måkjager

ps..... just to be clear.... i am not "getting at" anybody in regards to my previous work...just sticking up for the wee old JgPz ( all in good humor ) and letting you know that a new improved model will arrive soon enough.

ps....the texture will work in both CMBO and CMBB and it will be CMMOS supporting...once i pay MikeT ....The Bill :D

[ July 12, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]

ooooops :rolleyes:

Sorry lads..was doing some deleting and i turned onthe pw to do it..forgot to take it off.

Anyways...just proves you can create "interest" by telling people about something..and then not letting them see it tongue.gif

Site should be accesable now.

Once again..sorry..its the weariness setting in :(

Best

Måkjager

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Oh yeah this may be the most detailed mod out there. Makjager this mod you are creating has such detail you'll think you took a picture of one instead of modding it. Simply outstanding! bar none.

I agree - Paul's mods are better than pictures of the real thing smile.gifsmile.gif

Mr. Die Easy

Ales...as Andreas was saying i use a Radeon 32MB AGP OEM card that i was lucky enough to grab hold of about 6 months after i bought my Dual 800 G4.

When i was all set to buy the mac....Steve Jobs lost the head wiith some guy from ATI over "stealing" his thunder before a upcoming MacWorld Expo....which led to the Radeon being pulled as a option in the G4 range. I was left with a choice of a GF2MX or a GF3 with 64MB of video ram. I went for the GF3 thinking it would be great for CM texture graphics.......was i wrong :eek:

Even though the GF3 card had twice the memory of the Radeon..its ability to display the CM afv textures left an hell of a lot to be desired. I nailed down the problem while making my Tiger I mod for CMBO. I sent MArco Bergeman and Gordon Molek some early text textures and asked them to take a ingame pix of the upper hull surface.

Marco had a 8MB Vanta card at the time in his PC..and it was MUCH better than the GF3 card. So.. i resolved to hunt down a OEM Radeon AGP..and was one day lucky enough to catch one at OWC smile.gif Have'nt looked back since as the card does all that i ask of it..ie disply thhe CM afv textures in a nice clear crisp fashion which is a Godsend when trying to make a mod smile.gif .

nVidia / Apple drivers are the root of the CM graphic woes as far as i know.

Now..back to the ModMines and attempts to sort out that 'orrible exhaust / fender/ idler mapping problem :confused:

regards

Måkjager